WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 3.0

TildeGuy~!

I’ve just completed Return to Monkey Island, and I absolutely loved it. Although the art style is different to the original games, it felt far more similar to the first two games than it did to Curse, Escape or Tales; and I really liked that.

The ending, I imagine, will be divisive, but I liked it a lot.

Watched a decent GoldenEye documentary called GoldenEra on Sky yesterday morning. Worth seeking out if you like nerdy deep dives into game development, though I guess it's just a higher budget version of what a lot of great YouTubers be doing now too. 

Filled with the right kind of 90s nostalgia and really painted an awesome picture-in-time of Rare being a bit of a crusty co-op of post grads flying by the seat of their pants. I had no idea Free Radical were working on two Battlefront games when they went into administration. Such a sad end to such an awesome little studio, who wound up getting absorbed into Crytek UK and presumably do work now overhauling the terminally dull Crysis franchise. 

Does The Witcher count?  Can’t think of anything else at the moment.

Edit: Halo?

They released a short clip for this series about a month back along with other HBO coming soon shows and it was scary how Pedro Pascal sounded exactly like Joel.

Edited by TildeGuy~!

28 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

I'd  say The Witcher doesn't count because they were novels first, and the TV show is based on those more than the games.

Isn't there a Fallout series in the works too?

It’s the shitter Nolan though, and it’s Amazon. Netflix are doing a Bioshock game too.

1 minute ago, PunkStep said:

The Westworld one?

Yeah, and I’m one of the bigger advocates for Westworld you’re likely to find and even I think it’s quite shit.

15 minutes ago, CleetusVanDamme said:

Walton Goggins is in Fallout, so it has a fighting chance at being not shit. His scenes anyway.

He’ll just be the Ed Harris of Fallout, infinitely better than everything around him. It’ll look fantastic but you know, a Nolan gonna Nolan.