WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 3.0

TildeGuy~!

Seen the description on that video?

"Fuck you guys for the inhumane ways you treated everyone that broke their backs working on this, me included. You deserve to fucking crash and burn."

Ouch. 

There's no way it's fake. Or if it is, it's an utterly convincing fake. There's a whole bunch on this guy's channel:

I know it's an early build, but it's enough to make me really wish they were a bit more adventurous with the setting this time around. Putting it in another sun spot just makes it so tonally similar to V, which I doubt is going to be teased out somehow over the next year and a bit. 

Edited by Gay as FOOK

25 minutes ago, Gay as FOOK said:

"Fuck you guys for the inhumane ways you treated everyone that broke their backs working on this, me included. You deserve to fucking crash and burn."

Ouch. 

There's no way it's fake. Or if it is, it's an utterly convincing fake. There's a whole bunch on this guy's channel:

I know it's an early build, but it's enough to make me really wish they were a bit more adventurous with the setting this time around. Putting it in another sun spot just makes it so tonally similar to V, which I doubt is going to be teased out somehow over the next year and a bit. 

The big rumour is that Cuba will be one of the places added later. Would like to see their take on New Orleans too.

With this being 3 or 4 years away and it being all hands on deck I’m guessing we’ll never live long enough to see if they do anything with Red Dead again.

1 hour ago, Gay as FOOK said:

Ouch. 

Eh. I don't think Miami is anything like LA apart from it being sunny with palm trees. Its very tropical. I'd love to see hurricanes and other weather storms happening. It only resembles LA on a base level. And where else why would they go? NY again? No thanks.

26 minutes ago, TheDude said:

Eh. I don't think Miami is anything like LA apart from it being sunny with palm trees. Its very tropical. I'd love to see hurricanes and other weather storms happening. It only resembles LA on a base level. And where else why would they go? NY again? No thanks.

You're thinking like they're thinking, which is sort of my point. 

17 minutes ago, Gay as FOOK said:

You're thinking like they're thinking, which is sort of my point. 

We're never getting London again. Or Toyko. So its either NY, Miami, Or Chicago. And two of those are just grey concrete jungles. At least Miami is fun to look at. 

It’ll be interesting to see how they approach the humour. I’ve never really thought of GTA as punching down as much as windmilling in all directions. You’d imagine they’ll be fine and won’t touch the cultural hotspots in any disparaging way but it only takes one terrible take. 

Edited by Mr_Danger

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, TheDude said:

We're never getting London again. Or Toyko. So its either NY, Miami, Or Chicago. And two of those are just grey concrete jungles. At least Miami is fun to look at. 

There are more than three cities in the US.

San Francisco, Las Vegas, Seattle, San Antonio, Boston, New Orleans, Atlanta...there's loads of locations which would be excellent. 

Or as the game is set in fictional versions of cities they can just completely make something up that's good.