WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 3.0

TildeGuy~!

I don't think I've ever fully understood the games systems. 

I generally learn enough to get by and don't bother putting too much thought into it. So far though XB3 doesn't feel quite as punishing. 

I really need to play through the first game. Had the newest version for ages but always got distracted by something else a couple of hours into it. 

Bloody love Chronicles X. Shame it doesn't look like we'll ever see a Switch port or sequel. 

Edited by The King Of Swing

Finished career mode on Powerwash Simulator. Got three Cheevos to get to complete the set but I don’t think I’ll bother (Challenge ones and the 95% one) as a liked the relaxing side of just power washing, against the clock isn’t for me. 

Had a look at GTAV online after a few months away and there is even more stuff to do now. It’s still incredible. 

• Paid Members

Tried to follow in scratch's footsteps by downloading MotoGP22 from Game Pass and bugger me that's rough. I've got most of the settings turned on to make it easy apart from auto-braking and after winning my first Moto3 race (after two and a half hours of trying to put 6 good laps together) it's now raining and I just cannot stay on the bike at all. Credit to anyone who can do anything even approaching sim racers, arcade all the way for me from here I think

On 7/30/2022 at 12:59 PM, The King Of Swing said:

I really need to play through the first game. Had the newest version for ages but always got distracted by something else a couple of hours into it. 

I loved the first game on Wii, bar the irritating Noppon character who joins your party part-way through. I did, however, get stuck on an unfairly difficult boss towards the end, and just gave up on the whole thing, watching the ending on YouTube. 

I'm really enjoying 3 so far, but you're right in what you say about the cutscenes. Not only are there a lot of them, some of them are incredibly long. It doesn't particularly bother me, but I can absolutely see why it might. 

10 hours ago, RedRooster said:

I loved the first game on Wii, bar the irritating Noppon character who joins your party part-way through. I did, however, get stuck on an unfairly difficult boss towards the end, and just gave up on the whole thing, watching the ending on YouTube. 

I'm really enjoying 3 so far, but you're right in what you say about the cutscenes. Not only are there a lot of them, some of them are incredibly long. It doesn't particularly bother me, but I can absolutely see why it might. 

Over 40 hours into XC3 and it's a massive improvement over 2 imo, as much as I enjoyed 2 it had some glaring flaws. 

The combat flows so much better, heroes are a huge improvement over blades (good idea but poor execution imo) and I haven't been bored once. 

Of course there could be some total BS coming my way but so far when I've struggled it's never felt like the game is just kicking me in the balls.

Love the class system, lots of room for experimenting. I started off playing damage but struggled in a boss battle so switched to healer and let the rest of the party deal damage and had a much easier time. 

Feels like I still have shit loads to do as far as both story and side content go and if the game continues like it has so far then it'll easily be the best in the series. 

One minor complaint is that I would like to see a little more humour but that's just me nitpicking tbh.

Hell even the Nopon don't annoy me for once. 

Being a money hungry Ultraliberal with Fascist tendencies is super difficult in my second run of Disco Elysium, I have to stop myself from just saying all the Communist stuff so much. Although, I've pissed myself so many times when playing the obsessed with Disco superstar who just wants to party, it's a weird mix as I'm also pretty intelligent and my number one skill is...

Savoir Faire urges you to be better than you are: it urges you to be disco. Slip by others in Samaran boxing style, then tumble out the back with unexpected acrobatics. It enables you to move silent footsteps, to groove to a good beat, and to lift useful evidence off perps without them noticing. It also makes you a cooler cop, whose athletic flair will certainly impress the citizenry.

At high levels, Savoir Faire will make you the King of Cool – which is as much to say, the most stylish douchebag in Revachol. Nobody will see you until you’re ready to be seen; and then, they’ll get the full treatment, whether they want it or not. At low levels, however, you’ll be a bumbling, feckless cop unable to catch pair of keys thrown by your partner without losing an eye.

High Encylopedia is kinda fun, too, so often I'm just bombarded with useless knowledge during conversations and thoughts but it really fleshes out details of the world.

Edited by Merzbow

Trying to get back in to RDR2 for a second play through. Two things hampering my enjoyment second time around are the horse not even having a double jump and my son deciding he wants to “rope people and shoot their hats” He also robbed a train and built up hefty bounties driving it around the map. I’ve not shown him what we do to bears and alligators yet, he’s 5 and already has strong Dexter energy.

I spent ages translating, recording and creating Japanese and English titles for 131 wrestlers in King of Colosseum 2, a Japanese exclusive PS2 game. It bombed my channel 😭

It's a cracking listen to have on in the background 😉 and I would be very grateful.

I also recorded all intros for All Star Pro-Wrestling 1 and 3 (2 strangely did not have intros)

I've recently finished The Talos Principle. If you enjoyed Portal's puzzles then it's a game for you, provided you're happy to trade GLaDOS' comedy for some deep thought exercises on what it actually means to be human, when you get down to the nuts and bolts of it.

spacer.png

There are loads of fun little Easter eggs to find, including Wheatley from the aforementioned, and I loved the functional jetpack from Serious Sam.

Though speaking of which, I was somehow disappointed when I learnt this was basically knocked together by the Serious Sam studio while experimenting with that series, since it felt more like a passion project an indy dev had poured their heart and soul into.

That's obviously not a knock on the game though, and now's a good time to dive in with a sequel on the cards that you won't have been waiting for since 2014. In the meantime I'll be embarking on the DLC story included in the deluxe edition.