WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 3.0

TildeGuy~!

On 8/27/2022 at 11:54 PM, Uncle Zeb said:

I'll move onto The Turing Test and see what kind of enigmas await to be solved there.

For those lurkers hanging on my every word about first-person puzzles, I'll just confirm that the above is indeed better than The Spectrum Retreat. I'd rate it slightly below The Talos Principle, but it is unquestionably easier, so might be a nicer starting point for some.

Next up: Hand Dryer Simulator, or Kevin Nash's Chippy Tea Poo, or something.

The esteemed Mrs. FOOK is away for the weekend so I've just bought Snooker 19. You can shove your delousing simulators and Drain Cleaner Pro. This Saturday night I'm on the baize with Bingham and the boys. 

19 minutes ago, Gay as FOOK said:

The esteemed Mrs. FOOK is away for the weekend so I've just bought Snooker 19. You can shove your delousing simulators and Drain Cleaner Pro. This Saturday night I'm on the baize with Bingham and the boys. 

I think I’ve got that one! It’s cracking!

2 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

I think I’ve got that one! It’s cracking!

Just had a few practice frames there. It's lovely! The balls move about around the table about as well as you'd want them to, and with the amateur aim trails turned on it's easy enough to get into and still make you feel like a genius for potting balls. The fact that it has the officially licensed municipal auditoriums that make up the game's dull meccas has me way too excited. 

• Paid Members

Excellent representation of the main tour. I played this in the actual Crucible itself 2019. I was completely rubbish at it on the console, but I've been getting a little better at the handheld iPhone version (renamed as the official WST game). A very enjoyable way of spending the morning commute. 

Thank goodness for the fast forward option when you're opponent is playing - goes totally against my snooker purist nature to do so, but there are few more distressing heartaches than playing in 'normal' time only to lose a deciding frame to Rory McLeod in a qualifier. 

3 minutes ago, Fatty Facesitter said:

Thank goodness for the fast forward option when you're opponent is playing - goes totally against my snooker purist nature to do so

I like to pretend to smoke a cigarette like Ray Reardon, knowing his fate is sealed as Alex Higgins clears up to win the 82 final. 

I couldn’t recommend Tinykin on Game Pass (and most other systems) enough, it’s an absolutely brilliant game. I initially thought it was a Pikimin clone, but I couldn’t have been more wrong, it’s actually pretty unique.

Firstly, it’s utterly beautiful- just look at the trailer:

It’s like playing a Saturday morning cartoon.

The gameplay is also brilliant, and quite relaxed. There are no enemies, and you have to complete missions to retrieve items in each level. It’s really clever, and so satisfying to play. It’s the best platformer I’ve played in years. 

Soul Hackers 2 (PS5) 

Just shy of 20 hours into it so have a pretty good feel for the game. 

Starts strong but quickly turns into a bit of a slog if I'm being honest, feels like it had a much smaller budget than other games in the SMT franchise.

Story is interesting and I like the characters but imo it lacks the cyberpunk charm of the first game. 

My advice is to wait for it to go on sale unless you are really into SMT/Persona games or something that feels a little more old school dungeon crawler. 

I'm playing Immortality and wow this is was made just for me, right?

Sifting through masses of lost film footage, from occult Giallo to an alternate Inland Empire, to find what happened to a long forgotten actress. If you like weirdo cinema you'll dig it, and it's on gamepass.

The controls are a little finicky at first and some mechanics are purposefully esoteric (I won't say more, it can spoil) but 100% worth a try.

Edited by Merzbow

On 9/2/2022 at 11:58 PM, RedRooster said:

I couldn’t recommend Tinykin on Game Pass (and most other systems) enough, it’s an absolutely brilliant game. I initially thought it was a Pikimin clone, but I couldn’t have been more wrong, it’s actually pretty unique.

Firstly, it’s utterly beautiful- just look at the trailer:

It’s like playing a Saturday morning cartoon.

The gameplay is also brilliant, and quite relaxed. There are no enemies, and you have to complete missions to retrieve items in each level. It’s really clever, and so satisfying to play. It’s the best platformer I’ve played in years. 

Thanks for the recommendation. My gf played it and has nearly got all the cheevos. She really enjoyed it