WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 3.0

TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members

Finally got the Platinum in Dead Island yesterday. It's one of the games that got me back into gaming after a few years break all the way back in 2015 or something. It's a ton of fun and has a surprisingly active multiplayer community. Dead Island is very underrated - I understand the developers subsequently made Dying Light which got more attention although I've not played that one yet. But aye, I'm proud of getting the 100% in this one.

5 hours ago, CAREBEAR LUVVA said:

The vintage car is an absolute bitch to wash. Took absolutely fucking ages. It's almost done, except the body is showing 99% clean and I can't for the life of me find any more bits of dirt to finish it completely. Think I'm gonna sack it off and move on to cleaning the skatepark. Maybe go back to the car when I've bought a more powerful washer or something.

Bit disappointed that the nozzle modifications are just cosmetic. It'd be good if they added a few arcadey powerups or something, so like you could maybe get a modification that fires two jets at once for extra coverage, things like that. I also think they missed a trick by not adding some animations when you complete a level, perhaps showing people enjoying the garden you've just cleaned and having a mildly amusing You've Been Framed-style accident or something.

If you bring up the menu with Start then click on whatever it is left, it then glows yellow. Or click right on d pad to light up dirt.

There is some right bastard hard ones though. One of the ones on the first house had me searching videos online. In the end it was as a tiny wood piece next to the garage.

Yeah I've been using right on the d-pad a lot. I swear there's absolutely nothing left on this sodding car. It's absolutely gleaming and nothing shows up when I press the highlight button. There'll be a tiny bit of muck tucked away somewhere, probably hidden behind something else so it's a bugger to see/get to. Fucked if I can find it though.

Just now, CAREBEAR LUVVA said:

Yeah I've been using right on the d-pad a lot. I swear there's absolutely nothing left on this sodding car. It's absolutely gleaming and nothing shows up when I press the highlight button. There'll be a tiny bit of muck tucked away somewhere, probably hidden behind something else so it's a bugger to see/get to. Fucked if I can find it though.

On the tablet it tells you which bits you’ve finished and the percentage of bits you haven’t. Once you’ve worked out which bit, the haystack is much smaller and you’ll find the needle. 

43 minutes ago, David said:

So, anyone downloaded Stray yet?

Yeah I've had a couple of hours on it, promised my Daughter we would get it back when it was announced at the Ps5 Launch and she has saved her PS store voucher she got for Xmas 2020 waiting for it.

But as I have PS Plus Premium we get it for nothing anyway.

Graphics and details look great and it looks like the story is going to be quite interesting 

First 30 mins or so you could think its a bit repetitive just jumping around the City for no apparent reason but it all makes sense once you meet your helper robot/AI

It feels the sort of game you can easily lose a couple of hours before you realise as I did earlier.

My Daughter has just started it now on her profile

• Paid Members
49 minutes ago, David said:

So, anyone downloaded Stray yet?

Just played the first half an hour or so. The meow button has confused the shit out of my cats, but it's very cute and I am looking forward to playing it more when it's less roasting. 

On 7/18/2022 at 1:47 PM, CAREBEAR LUVVA said:

Found that missing 1% on the body of the car. It was above the sodding front window! I hadn't even looked around there, because I would've considered that area to be either the windscreen or possibly the underside of the canopy. Madness.

I’ve discovered that when you’re in the menu seeing what needs to be done, if you click on a line the corresponding piece will glow on the building or vehicle. Very handy when you have one of the 28 wooden slats to finish in the playground. 

Sure does come in handy! I did use it on the vintage car, but I didn't even pick up on the underside of the canopy being highlighted. The flashing wasn't visible without crouching and looking up at the tiny bit that hung over the windscreen, and I didn't even think to look around there because I assumed the "body" of the car would only refer to the sides / front, so my attention was focused elsewhere. Stumped me for absolutely ages. Massive "oh for fuck's sake" moment when I finally found it!

Had a few hours on Hell Pie this evening. It's pretty much an old-school 3D collectathon along the lines of Banjo-Kazooie, Conker's Bad Fur Day or maybe Super Mario Odyssey (if a more modern reference might be needed). Just wandering around looking for specific items with a bit of combat thrown in, lots of special abilities to help you explore, loads of NPCs saying all kinds of weird / rude things, and there are a few levels-within-levels where the platforming side of things really picks up. It's got a very crude sense of humour though, which may well put some people off. It's all penis monsters, Nazi turds, lots of farting, that sort of thing. Completely absurd, very filthy, excellent world and character design, controls well, looks and sounds pretty great, much more well-made and accomplished than expected, love it loads.