WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 3.0

TildeGuy~!

6 minutes ago, Uncle Zeb said:

Those of you having a blast on PowerWash Simulator can, if you wish, help a study into mental health and gaming while you play.

Bah, not for console!  Funnily enough my mind was being a twat so I played PWS to bring some calmness and order recently!

I tried the lad on Power Wash simulator the other day thinking it would be a good game to calm him when he’s in one of his wild moods but he acted like I was an idiot for thinking it’s a real game. He’s learnt how to get pelts on Red Dead now and he’d much rather make his sister watch him skin rabbits and alligators than clean a patio.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Mr_Danger said:

I tried the lad on Power Wash simulator the other day thinking it would be a good game to calm him when he’s in one of his wild moods but he acted like I was an idiot for thinking it’s a real game. 

That's a shame, because obviously the next step would have been to get him actually cleaning stuff with a power washer. "Isn't this amazing, it's like the XBox's come to life! Once you're done with the shed, the car could do with a spruce". 

Edited by gmoney

• Paid Members

If you've got the PS+ tier that includes game trials go and play some Rollerdrome right now, then buy the full game (£16 with PS+). Max Payne meets Tony Hawk meets Running Man. It just feels so good to play.

paul_r_-_03_mountain_sniper_-_7_seconds.

D4kndaN.gif

I'm in love. Max Payne 3 and Vanquish levels of just doing cool shit over over again. I'll be going back to this forever. GOTY so far!

11 hours ago, CleetusVanDamme said:

If you've got the PS+ tier that includes game trials go and play some Rollerdrome right now, then buy the full game (£16 with PS+). Max Payne meets Tony Hawk meets Running Man. It just feels so good to play.

Gave this a go after reading this post, and I STRONGLY second this - I played the trial and realised within minutes that I was definitely going to buy the full game. It's so much fun. I'd never even heard of Rollerdrome until reading your post, CVD - so thanks!

Finally completed Xenoblade Chronicles 3 (about 90 hours including a lot of side content) and really enjoyed it.

As strange as this will sound though for such a big game it feels oddly rushed at times.

After a certain point it becomes even more cutscene heavy than it already was, feeling like it's pushing you to the finish line.

Wouldn't be shocked if more chapters were originally planned. 

It's also ridiculously easy to over level and it's by far the easiest game in the series that I have played as far as completing the story goes, but that's what hard mode is for I guess.

Recommend. 

Now I'm just cleaning up side content post game in between playing a new game of Xenoblade Chronicles X.

Took me two years to get around to it - and probably all the better for it - but I absolutely fell for the Final Fantasy VII Remake. 

Honestly, I was blown away by how it made complete shit of all the worries I had about it. The original effectively changed my life and shaped my imagination as a kid, and somehow this one just made me remember and re-live all of that again and added to the cumulative experience. 

I could easily imagine the criticisms as I played through it but it was such a blast that none of them mattered. The anime grunting? It's based on a game where the characters have no mouths and manage to find the time to go snowboarding and explore their transgender side in between world saving duties. The padding? It's there, but usually with great music and there's rarely an old school Final Fantasy that doesn't have at least a few backtracks through already cleared dungeons. The changes to the story? This is pretty much the exact same thing as the Midgar section of the original for like 90% of it. And there's no way the rest of the 25+ hour open world portion of it would remain exactly intact as the sequels release over the next hundred years anyway. Generic side quests? You betcha, but they feed into getting to know the slums and the original had you grinding loads of lore pointless stuff anyway. It's just more apparent here because they're presented in a quest log/compass structure. 

There's just so much going on in it - that's nearly always so entertaining - the the idea now that this first part could have been anything other than just Midgar seems daft to me. It's also shockingly the best mainline entry since IX. X at a push. Which if you're Square Enix is a bit embarrassing, because those games are ancient now and pretty much came out in the shadow of the original. 

I decided to give Elden Ring a chance, outside of my better judgment…I don’t like it at all. It seems to me as if the boss fights are more about memorisation than anything else; remembering attack patterns and planning your actions accordingly. I suppose there’s something strategic to that, but I have a terrible, terrible memory. I want to enjoy it, but I suspect that it just isn’t for me. 

Farming Sim 22. 

Bought some new fields and a couple of wind turbines so getting income every month. But I went all Gob Bluth and got me some beehives. In relation to crops, the return is really small but I’m like a dog with two dicks. Getting on my forklift, stacking pallets of honey, loading up a small trailer and my pick up truck and taking them to market. Its fucking ace!

• Paid Members
12 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

I decided to give Elden Ring a chance, outside of my better judgment…I don’t like it at all. It seems to me as if the boss fights are more about memorisation than anything else; remembering attack patterns and planning your actions accordingly. I suppose there’s something strategic to that, but I have a terrible, terrible memory. I want to enjoy it, but I suspect that it just isn’t for me. 

What class are you playing? I worried about it too when I played a melee class, but when I chose astrologer, my moveset was basically roll away, stay away and fire magic at the boss. It worked pretty well...