WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 3.0

TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members

There were a few interesting looking things on that mini Nintendo Direct.

Edited by jazzygeofferz

Just now, jazzygeofferz said:

There were a few interesting looking things on that mini Nintendo Direct.

I think it's one of the best partner directs they've done, there were a lot of games I felt genuinely excited about - Return to Monkey Island (though I'm not mad about the new art style), Dragon Quest Treasures, the Persona games, Mega Man and Harvestella all looked like they could be a lot of fun. 

I treated myself to Autobahn Police Simulator 3 last night because I'm a big fan of rubbish games. APS2 was awful so I had high/low hopes for the third one, and it hasn't disappointed so far. Among about a hundred other issues, it looks and plays like a PS1 game dressed up (barely) in PS3-era graphics, the slightest bump will send your car flying into the air (often impaling itself on some scenery on the way back down, which there's no escape from other than using fast travel to return to the police station), the voice acting is some of the worst I've ever heard, dialogue often only just about makes sense, I'd picked up every single collectable within about half an hour because I couldn't (and still can't) figure out how to actually progress the story (or if there even is a story), and the opening "special mission" makes you sweep cow shit off the motorway. It really is quite something!

• Paid Members

It looks like one from that publisher that sticks out loads of these Simulator titles, is it the same people that have done airport Simulator and firefighter Simulator? 

Saw Road 96 is reduced on XBox at the moment and gave it a look. Failed my first attempt spectacularly, but the second attempt went better. The setting and story is really interesting, the characters are all very broad, but serve the purpose of the story. Managed to cross with my second effort, but the exam I had to sit was really tense, especially when I forgot how old my character was supposed to be and put an answer that was barely plausible. 

• Paid Members

It's a reboot, so you don't miss out on any lore, just the Easter eggs. 

Saw Samurai Shodown 7 was on sale on PSN, also grabbed the SamSho Neo Geo collection, so the only one I don't have now is 6. I played the tutorial and realised where I'd been going wrong. It's a much more deliberate, counter/punishment based game. To the point of your attacks often doing almost double their usual damage if they're done as a counter attack following a just defend etc. 

I picked each of them up in different Switch eShop sales over the past few months, if that's anything to go by.

Haven't finished the first yet but it partially scratches the Limbo/Inside itch, only more stealth focused.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, TildeGuy~! said:

Always wanted to play both games of Little Nightmares but not at the price they were going for, cheapest I can find them currently is £28 for both, worth the purchase at that price or do they usually go on sale regularly? 

They definitely go on sale quite regularly. 

3 hours ago, TildeGuy~! said:

Always wanted to play both games of Little Nightmares but not at the price they were going for, cheapest I can find them currently is £28 for both, worth the purchase at that price or do they usually go on sale regularly? 

I find Deku Deals really useful when it comes to tracking eShop sales, or even to determine if a specific price cut is actually good. As the others have said, they do seem to go on sale quite often.