WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 3.0

TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members

Forza Horizon 5 Hotwheels next month. I wonder how it'll compare to the one in FH3. 

Forza Motorsport  looks like it might be alright. 

1 hour ago, TildeGuy~! said:

So I haven’t had much time to play, it’s fun and I’m on the 2nd dungeon so far. 

Now Persona 3 and 4 have been announced to be coming to PS5 today so I think I’ll just wait for it to release there.

Got excited about Persona 3 for a moment but apparently it's the portable version which is shit imo. 

• Paid Members
11 hours ago, quote the raven said:

I started Days gone again on hard this time.

I love that game i dont care what the reviews say. The fact they are remastering the last of us and canned days gone 2 makes me sad....

I had dreams of how many freaks the ps5 could handle......

I really enjoyed Days Gone. I think it was a decent attempt at a zombie wasteland game, and a better Walking Dead game than any of the none-telltale ones. 

7 hours ago, TildeGuy~! said:

Now Persona 3 and 4 have been announced to be coming to PS5 today so I think I’ll just wait for it to release there.

Has there been any explanation as to why it’s the portable version of Persona 3? Unless it’s upgraded quite significantly, that’s a massively stripped back version of that game.

• Paid Members
13 hours ago, The King Of Swing said:

Got excited about Persona 3 for a moment but apparently it's the portable version which is shit imo. 

Exactly the same as my mate who watched the stream with us. His initial excitement died when he saw, and then followed with a big "oh it's the portable version, for fuck sake!"

Apparently the main issue is all the overworld social stuff is all static rather than free roaming around.

37 minutes ago, FelatioLips said:

Exactly the same as my mate who watched the stream with us. His initial excitement died when he saw, and then followed with a big "oh it's the portable version, for fuck sake!"

Apparently the main issue is all the overworld social stuff is all static rather than free roaming around.

Yeah due to the limitations of the PSP, outside of dungeon crawling the rest of the game runs like a point and click, visual novel.

The main things it really has going for it is being able to choose between male and female MC, and being able to control the entire party instead of relying on the hit and miss AI of the PS2 version.

I'm probably being harsh calling it shit but I have no interest in playing it on console. 

On 6/14/2022 at 8:27 AM, The King Of Swing said:

Yeah due to the limitations of the PSP, outside of dungeon crawling the rest of the game runs like a point and click, visual novel.

It makes it feel like a totally different game, it's so disappointing that this is the version they're choosing to port. 

Sniper Elite 5 doesn’t seem as Snipery as the others. Seems loads more close quarter kills than shooting a nazis eye out from distance. I’ve only done the first level but it has issues. Not being able to step over a very small obstruction that is ankle high and having to find a way around it, and one once I died after putting a satchel charge on a safe but not moving far enough away from it. The reload started me in the same spot so as soon as it loaded, I died in the explosion. 

1 hour ago, Keith Houchen said:

Sniper Elite 5 doesn’t seem as Snipery as the others. Seems loads more close quarter kills than shooting a nazis eye out from distance. I’ve only done the first level but it has issues. Not being able to step over a very small obstruction that is ankle high and having to find a way around it, and one once I died after putting a satchel charge on a safe but not moving far enough away from it. The reload started me in the same spot so as soon as it loaded, I died in the explosion. 

Yeah it's trying to be Hitman a little too much at times.

18 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

Yeah it's trying to be Hitman a little too much at times.

Absolutely. Even the “Kill the top nazi on the stage” bit of the mission has Hitman-esque ways to kill him to unlock rewards. 

I'll probably get it but in a post-Streets of Rage 4 world the blatant stand-ins for Axl, Blaze and Adam feel less like a cheeky homage and more like eating someone else's lunch. Though I suppose SoR did its share of that, too.