WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 3.0

TildeGuy~!

• Moderators
4 hours ago, Mr_Danger said:

I don’t care how long it takes them to make games, I’d rather the makers didn’t kill themselves, but I do care if the game feels like a worthwhile experience. PlayStation obviously got a boner for online multiplayer games so it doesn’t surprise me Naughty Dog have gone all in on TLOU multiplayer but the remake? I’ll play it if it’s TLOU 1 in the body of TLOU 2 but if it’s a slight upgrade with same shitty shooting I’ll pass. Probably.

I gotta say after listening to that blood, sweat and pixels book you recommended I'm like "yeah, fuck it. Let em take as long as they like".

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, Mr_Danger said:

I never played the first games multiplayer but heard nothing but good things about it.

I loved it. I was really into it originally on PS3 until they started doing all the DLC maps and it got harder to find full games. The emphasis on teamwork to at best just about survive on bare minimum supplies made it stand out. It's the only multiplayer game I've ever felt bad about quitting/getting cut off. I wasn't leaving squadmates behind to get shot (that's funny!), I was leaving people who needed me to pull my weight behind to get sick and starve slowly.

With them just hyping up the size of the new one I'm not sure it'll compare.

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, TildeGuy~! said:

I’ve seen some gameplay throughout the last couple of days that says otherwise.

There's a year before release. I'm sure if some e-sports pros start to talk about how they don't like the swirly colour effects it'll all get toned down. 

27 minutes ago, CleetusVanDamme said:

I loved it. I was really into it originally on PS3 until they started doing all the DLC maps and it got harder to find full games. The emphasis on teamwork to at best just about survive on bare minimum supplies made it stand out. It's the only multiplayer game I've ever felt bad about quitting/getting cut off. I wasn't leaving squadmates behind to get shot (that's funny!), I was leaving people who needed me to pull my weight behind to get sick and starve slowly.

With them just hyping up the size of the new one I'm not sure it'll compare.

Maybe I was just unlucky but the MP community quickly became really toxic when I was playing it.

• Paid Members

I’m shocked after the back to back bullshit of Street Fighter X Tekken, MvC Infinite and Street Fighter V that there’s anyone excited for Street Fighter 6. I got 5 at launch and never felt more mugged off in my life.

• Paid Members
37 minutes ago, The King Of Swing said:

Maybe I was just unlucky but the MP community quickly became really toxic when I was playing it.

That's a shame. I tended to think back on it not being that popular so maybe missing a lot of that shit, but who's to say a small hardcore fan-base can't be full of bellends too?

Maybe I just got lucky.

Xenoblade Chronicles 2. In one sense, it’s a very enjoyable JRPG. In another, it’s packed with off-putting tropes and some toe-curling characters (in particular, if you’ve played it, the noppons) that make you want to switch it off.

It’s nowhere near as good as the original, but I’m finding it enjoyable enough, given the rather significant flaws. 

• Paid Members
16 hours ago, FelatioLips said:

I’m shocked after the back to back bullshit of Street Fighter X Tekken, MvC Infinite and Street Fighter V that there’s anyone excited for Street Fighter 6. I got 5 at launch and never felt more mugged off in my life.

People liked Street Fighter 5 at the end. Season 5 was good, and the final balance patch was well received. The people behind that are the ones working on SF6. I watched a video of Maximillian Dood playing the alpha build this morning, and his thoughts on, and he says it feels closest to Street Fighter 3, which will be well received by the fans. Those colour splash effects looked big, but I see how they're used to indicate when meter is being used. 

• Paid Members

Feel bad for Hello Games who release No Man's Sky to critical apathy and then spend years building it into the game they wanted it to be and when it finally achieves acclaim and cult status, Bethesda copy it almost note for note. 
Neutrally, Starfield looks absolutely brilliant, but something really didn't sit right with me watching the Xbox Showcase and just see a huge company essentially steal someone else's homework so brazenly.

50 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

So Hideo Kojima has done a Scott Hall and gone to the competition! His next game is a big Xbox exclusive.

I really hope it’s not the rumoured horror game he’s been working on. 

P.T was one of my favourite games last gen and it was only a demo! 

4 hours ago, FelatioLips said:

Feel bad for Hello Games who release No Man's Sky to critical apathy and then spend years building it into the game they wanted it to be and when it finally achieves acclaim and cult status, Bethesda copy it almost note for note. 
Neutrally, Starfield looks absolutely brilliant, but something really didn't sit right with me watching the Xbox Showcase and just see a huge company essentially steal someone else's homework so brazenly.

It doesn't look much like No Man's Sky at all imo. 

Based on the trailer it looks like a typical Bethesda game to me.

Edit. 

Just saw some more of it and yeah it definitely takes some ideas from No Man's Sky/Elite Dangerous. 

Edited by The King Of Swing