WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 3.0

TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Hades is a cracking game. I still need to get my favour up with a lot of the characters, and risk doing the harder playthroughs, but it has that "one more go" thing down perfectly. The developer/publisher seem intent on doing everything right as well in terms of no crunch and trying to ensure their staff are all happy. 

The risk with not pushing the modifiers is that improvements and story progress will take much longer as your collectibles will need upcycling all the way past ones that are immediately useful like keys and blood. Also it's a game that will beat you hard if you leave it for a while, I've had a 50-run streak snapped because of it.

• Paid Members
13 hours ago, The King Of Swing said:

So is Fallout 76 worth £8.39?

Me and my wife got really into it a few months ago, but this would be about the 3rd time since launch we’ve tried to play it.

It’s in a much much better place now than at launch. If you have people to play it with £8.39 is a price you’ll get your money’s worth. If you plan on playing alone it might be worth a dabble but I’d get bored personally.

Did anyone catch any of Summer Games Fest?

Not sure what Naughty Dog are playing at. How long have they been working on The Last of Us multiplayer now? They announced its now a standalone title and they are ready to show CONCEPT ART from it. Not even a cut scene, no gameplay. A bit of art.

Then they announced a PS5 and PC ground up remake of The Last of Us Part 1 out this September. Personally I don't think it looks appreciably better than the still impressive PS4 version but I guess they wanted a shiny new version of it to coincide with the HBO series or something.

I find myself slowly becoming a bit of an Xbox fan boy. I upgraded to a Series X the other day and every time they announce something is coming to Game Pass on Day 1 I feel like punching the air.

FU4I1ICXwAMSK33?format=jpg&name=medium

I don’t care how long it takes them to make games, I’d rather the makers didn’t kill themselves, but I do care if the game feels like a worthwhile experience. PlayStation obviously got a boner for online multiplayer games so it doesn’t surprise me Naughty Dog have gone all in on TLOU multiplayer but the remake? I’ll play it if it’s TLOU 1 in the body of TLOU 2 but if it’s a slight upgrade with same shitty shooting I’ll pass. Probably.

• Paid Members
12 minutes ago, Ironic Indie Lad said:

Did anyone catch any of Summer Games Fest?

Guile has a beard now, and it looks really interesting how they're implementing elements from Street Fighters Alpha, 3, 4 & 5 into Street Fighter 6 with the drive meter and different levels of Super art. 

11 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

I don’t care how long it takes them to make games, I’d rather the makers didn’t kill themselves, but I do care if the game feels like a worthwhile experience. PlayStation obviously got a boner for online multiplayer games so it doesn’t surprise me Naughty Dog have gone all in on TLOU multiplayer but the remake? I’ll play it if it’s TLOU 1 in the body of TLOU 2 but if it’s a slight upgrade with same shitty shooting I’ll pass. Probably.

Yeah I am not trying to say they should just knuckle down and get it finished and released.

I just found it a bit weird that its gone from being related to TLOU2 to a standalone game with almost nothing ready to be shown. It strikes me as a bit Metroid Prime 4. Like at some point it was scrapped entirely and they started again.

2 minutes ago, Ironic Indie Lad said:

Yeah I am not trying to say they should just knuckle down and get it finished and released.

I just found it a bit weird that its gone from being related to TLOU2 to a standalone game with almost nothing ready to be shown. It strikes me as a bit Metroid Prime 4. Like at some point it was scrapped entirely and they started again.

I think they definitely expanded their horizons with it due to PlayStation wanting to build a bigger catalogue of online multiplayer games plus that pesky pandemic will have slowed everything down on top. I never played the first games multiplayer but heard nothing but good things about it.

2 hours ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Guile has a beard now, and it looks really interesting how they're implementing elements from Street Fighters Alpha, 3, 4 & 5 into Street Fighter 6 with the drive meter and different levels of Super art. 

The game does look great but all the colours that fly out when doing Specials is really off putting, like it’s Splatoon the Beat em up or something. 

• Paid Members

This is probably emphasised for the trailer. I remember it looking similar in the trailers for SF 4 & 5.