WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 3.0

TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members
On 5/21/2022 at 1:22 PM, Keith Houchen said:

Farming Sim 22 is downloaded. Skipped the tutorial and dived in. It’s fucking got seasons and shit like that. I quit the game because I was scared. Will try again today but do the tutorial. 

After all the positive stuff I've read on here I downloaded this on the weekend to have a look. 

Fucking hell it seems vast. I thought it might be a chilled, leisurely way to kill a few hours but there was far too much going on. Plus, I could barely read the on screen text and there seemed no way of changing that. 

I noped out pretty quick. 

41 minutes ago, Silky Kisser said:

After all the positive stuff I've read on here I downloaded this on the weekend to have a look. 

Fucking hell it seems vast. I thought it might be a chilled, leisurely way to kill a few hours but there was far too much going on. Plus, I could barely read the on screen text and there seemed no way of changing that. 

I noped out pretty quick. 

Yeah the last one I played was pretty vast but I just stuck to my few fields, bought one more, and that was enough for me, a simple Nebraska boy. 

• Paid Members

Sony are up to some kind of nonsense with the new PS Plus by the sounds of it. It rolled out in Asia recently, and people have reported that if they're trying to upgrade from "essential" to one of the higher tiers but bought their PS Plus in a sale they're also being charged the difference between their original discounted purchase price and the regular price of the PS Plus essential subscription before getting charged for the update on top. 

From what I read it'd mean if you've bought 5 years of PSPlus in a black Friday sale at £38 instead of the £50 a year usually costs, you'd get charged another £60 to make up the difference in what you should have paid, and then 5 years of the difference between the two subscriptions on top? I have no idea what this means for Mrs Jazzy's dad, as he gets his PSPlus at Christmas,and used to get a year of PSNow for father's day. It's looking like it could turn into a worrying expensive process. 

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Sony-angers-PS-Plus-subscribers-by-demanding-horrendous-upgrade-fees-for-new-subscription-tiers.621986.0.html

17 minutes ago, Ironic Indie Lad said:

Sniper Elite 5 is on Game Pass now. Played the first level this morning and thought it was pretty great stuff. Never played any game in the series but this one feels very Hitman.

Oh nice one! Forgot about that coming to Game Pass! It will always be great when the Sniper games cut to slo mo when you shoot a nazi in the balls from distance. 

If anyone is in the mood for something a bit more old school then I really highly recommend Infernax

It's on Game Pass but I am sure its somewhat cheap on other platforms as well. Its very clearly a love letter to Castlevania and Simons Quest in particular. 

It's got everything you would expect from a game like this. NES style graphics, great music, a map you gradually unlock through acquiring new abilities, RPG elements, a day and night cycle...

It's right in the sweet spot of challenging / frustrating as well I think. Its difficult but never so much so that you think you wont be able to progress. Even the most difficult bits should only really take you a couple of tries once you figure out the patterns.

It's also only going to take about 6-8 hours so not a huge time commitment. 

Some dickhead Nazi invaded me like it's Dark Souls! Not sure I like this mechanic just yet.

Edit: Oh boy, just invaded someone myself and we both popped our heads out at the same moment but I got the shot in first. Shame I had to play as a fash but that was kinda fun.

Edited by Merzbow

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, Ironic Indie Lad said:

If anyone is in the mood for something a bit more old school then I really highly recommend Infernax

It's on Game Pass but I am sure its somewhat cheap on other platforms as well. Its very clearly a love letter to Castlevania and Simons Quest in particular. 

It's got everything you would expect from a game like this. NES style graphics, great music, a map you gradually unlock through acquiring new abilities, RPG elements, a day and night cycle...

It's right in the sweet spot of challenging / frustrating as well I think. Its difficult but never so much so that you think you wont be able to progress. Even the most difficult bits should only really take you a couple of tries once you figure out the patterns.

It's also only going to take about 6-8 hours so not a huge time commitment. 

Put the Konami Code in on the title screen.

• Moderators
On 5/18/2022 at 12:43 PM, Chest Rockwell said:

You may be joking but that was legit the last time I've enjoyed a football game. (Unless you count Mario strikers or whatever it was called on the wii, which was amazing).

I've just seen there's a new Mario Strikers game coming out on the Switch. Happy days.

• Paid Members

It's out in a couple of weeks. People are getting excited about it. It does look like it'd be fun. 

Got the Stanley Parable Ultimate Edition on my Switch this past weekend. It's fun, if you like that sort of thing. I played through the new stuff yesterday, which was interesting. It's nice to dip into and kill some time. The narration can be quite funny.