WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 3.0

TildeGuy~!

11 hours ago, TildeGuy~! said:

I really hope it’s not the rumoured horror game he’s been working on.

I doubt it, that game was a bit of a scam and had nothing to do with him in the end, they just made it look like it did. I recently read that it's pretty much Abandoned with development stopped, too, for now at least.

10 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

I doubt it, that game was a bit of a scam and had nothing to do with him in the end, they just made it look like it did. I recently read that it's pretty much Abandoned with development stopped, too, for now at least.

Yea there’s been talk he’s been making a horror game with his own studio recently,

https://www.gamespot.com/amp-articles/new-kojima-horror-game-reportedly-leaked-may-feature-death-strandings-margaret-qualley/1100-6504240/

7 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

Oh that one, there was another recently that got quite a bit of news.

https://www.denofgeek.com/games/new-silent-hill-game-abandoned-blue-box-hasan-kahraman-hideo-kojima-youtube-conspiracy/

Also, I think he has a thing for Margaret.. and tbf he'd be right to.

Yep remember that one, apparently that Studio has previous for hyping up a big release and then just disappearing.

It’s weird because Norman Reedus has been alluding to working on another Death Stranding game (be still my beating heart) but you’d assume the rights to that game are tied to Sony. Maybe it’s a spin off in a more horror genre or maybe he’s got two games on the go. 

12 hours ago, FelatioLips said:

Feel bad for Hello Games who release No Man's Sky to critical apathy and then spend years building it into the game they wanted it to be and when it finally achieves acclaim and cult status, Bethesda copy it almost note for note. 
Neutrally, Starfield looks absolutely brilliant, but something really didn't sit right with me watching the Xbox Showcase and just see a huge company essentially steal someone else's homework so brazenly.

This isn’t anything unusual, though. Loads of games have been heavily inspired by others. I don’t think there’s anything immoral about it, particularly when the game in question is six-years-old and has surely long passed peak profitability. I can’t imagine Starfield will be taking money from their table.

I liked a lot of it but felt like the Xbox/Bethesda showcase could have benefitted from being a bit more concise. Maybe similar to a Nintendo direct in format where the big titles get a full trailer and some discussion but everything else is more of a sizzle real. 

My immediate reaction was that it felt bloated. When I actually looked at the graphic of games coming this year and next, I did think theres a hell of a lot coming to Game Pass that I will actually play.

Scorn is probably the one I am most into right now. 

• Paid Members

Amazing that Todd Howard can still show his face during these showcases after the Fallout 76 disaster, but he's a director and executive producer with one of the biggest game studios on the planet so I doubt he really gives a fuck.

Whatever the case, I'll be keeping Starfied at a Cyberpunk-level arms length until the dust is settled and the in-pocket "reviewers" have faded into the background.

If anything, Starfield being heavily inspired by No Man’s Sky will give the game a late life bump. Starfield will either be a bit broken and jank and people will bestow the virtues of No Man’s Sky or it will be super successful and people will check out its inspiration. I can’t see it attracting too many new players at this point.

Edited by Mr_Danger

One thing I noticed with Starfield (and btw, I agree that it takes elements from NMS - even just the resource gathering methods) was that I don't think we will be able to land on planets ourselves. I reckon it's going to be cut scenes, based on what they showed. Which is rubbish.

I keep forgetting about Elite Dangerous. Probably because I’m about 600 systems away from civilisation and it can be a bit dull mapping as I go. Still, the amount of dosh I can pick up when I get back will pay for a top of the line ship. 

On 6/4/2022 at 10:15 PM, TildeGuy~! said:

Been waiting years for Persona 4 Golden to be released on PS4 and still waiting so I’ve decided to finally give it a go on PC, looking forward to the next 50 hours or how ever long it’ll take to finish.

So I haven’t had much time to play, it’s fun and I’m on the 2nd dungeon so far. 

Now Persona 3 and 4 have been announced to be coming to PS5 today so I think I’ll just wait for it to release there.