WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 3.0

TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members
19 hours ago, Chris B said:

What was the disc swap trick?

As Bacon said on the original PlayStation there was a little button inside the drive that would press in when the lid was down. You could use a spring, or a cocktails tick etc lodged between this button and the underside of the lid of the playstation drive, tricking the console into thinking  the lid was still down. Pirated PlayStation games had a part of code missing that was on genuine discs, but there's a pattern that the disc spins when it's loading up. By watching this you can tell when the PlayStation has loaded the "this is real" part of a disc and hot swap the disc for a pirated game. 

• Paid Members

If it makes you feel any better @Kfogg1991even if you had time to play Hitman at launch you wouldn't have gotten far. There's a Progress Carry-Over system to bring your Hitman 2 unlocks and XP over but because of the global launch it's not working for anyone. Importing it overwrites your Hitman 3 save, so even if you played Hitman 3 without doing it, if you then did it later it would erase all your progress.

51 minutes ago, King Coconut said:

Any of you tried it on PSVR yet?

They fucked up. The controls are awkward and not good at all. And in a stressful game like Hitman, you need quick movements. I couldn't fibre wire the guy in the first mission because 47's hands went fucking everywhere. Oh well. And man, I'm getting fed up of the camera not tracking the VR headset.

• Paid Members

Presumably, following Cyberpunk's release and the furore around that, publishers aren't arsed as they know people will buy their game in any old broken state and wait for a patch. That's kind of the opposite of what people probably hoped for Cyberpunk. 

1 hour ago, FelatioLips said:

If it makes you feel any better @Kfogg1991even if you had time to play Hitman at launch you wouldn't have gotten far. There's a Progress Carry-Over system to bring your Hitman 2 unlocks and XP over but because of the global launch it's not working for anyone. Importing it overwrites your Hitman 3 save, so even if you played Hitman 3 without doing it, if you then did it later it would erase all your progress.

I'm not able to import my Progress from the previous Hitman games anyway because I played them on my Xbox. I'm playing this on my PS4. 

I will say though I wanted to get used to the controls on my PS4 for the reason I just mentioned above and I've had 15 minutes on the training mission and I'm pretty sure it's the exact same Training mission as the first or second game was. I've defiantly seen it before because I knew exactly where to go

2 minutes ago, Kfogg1991 said:

I'm not able to import my Progress from the previous Hitman games anyway because I played them on my Xbox. I'm playing this on my PS4. 

I will say though I wanted to get used to the controls on my PS4 for the reason I just mentioned above and I've had 15 minutes on the training mission and I'm pretty sure it's the exact same Training mission as the first or second game was. I've defiantly seen it before because I knew exactly where to go

The one on the boat?

If anyone's as nutty about 90s PC shooter nostalgia as me, I'd highly recommend Civvie 11 on YouTube if you've not checked him out already. He's just done a Half-Life upload and his stuff is immensely watchable and frequently hilarious.