Wrestling #MeToo #SpeakingOut

Keith Houchen

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, Nick James said:

I mean, it kind of runs in the family...

image.png.85c03bb4f96fab7c029ca4c298eec0f1.png

What's amazing about that is, unlike a show like Harry Enfield where he's the man in charge writing the shit and they have final say or Little Britain where Walliams and Lucas planned it for months and are executive producers and the power men went on air and did it, in wrestler when someone blacks up there's about 12 agents, half a dozen writers, a producer, a owner, 50 wrestlers and countless other stooges, as well as the perfomer himself to say "we probably shouldnt", yet they still did it. The blame goes on everybody for letting that shit on air.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

not my place to accept it or otherwise, but that's at least one of the better wrestler apologies I've ever seen, and perhaps the first time that a wrestler has said that they're working on self-improvement and actually quantified what they mean by it. Bonus points for not signing off with his gimmick name, even when his real name is more stupid, too.

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

not my place to accept it or otherwise, but that's at least one of the better wrestler apologies I've ever seen, and perhaps the first time that a wrestler has said that they're working on self-improvement and actually quantified what they mean by it. Bonus points for not signing off with his gimmick name, even when his real name is more stupid, too.

I thought the same but I read the Quoted Tweets and they really don't agree. That picture of Billy in Impact Wrestling that Ian posted isn't doing him any favours either.

• Paid Members

Billy Gunn really should have went into acting for the amount of shit they've asked him to do and he's simply went along with it not caring who it offends. He's blacked up, he's do a gay wedding angle which resulted in GLAAD supporting them, only to end up with a gay bashing "we arent gay!" pay off. He'll do anything he's asked, I'll give him that.

• Paid Members

To be fair to Austin as well, he seems to have come straight out and held his hands up, not after a few days or after a lot of calls for an apology, he's done it right away. As BomberPat said, not my place to accept, but that shows a lot more growth than most within the wrestling sphere.