Wrestling #MeToo #SpeakingOut

Keith Houchen

• Paid Members
26 minutes ago, RancidPunx said:

Have many people been prosecuted over the last few years for sexual assault in England?

Fixed it. Not enough. Because of the lack of evidence and the way the law is structured is not favoured to the victim on a he said/she said basis. For a guilty verdict you have to have absolutely no doubt and when there isn't any evidence taken at the time of the crime, it makes it impossible to win.  

On 3/1/2022 at 11:56 AM, RancidPunx said:

Have many people been prosecuted over the last few years in regards to the the BritWres MeToo movement ?

The stat is something like 1 in 60 complaints lead to charges, not sure on charges to prosecution but I imagine it's not inspiring .

Then consider the majority of SO stuff was tweets  & Notes App screenshots...I'm not a legal expert but I imagine there is hardly enough to amount to a case.

Grim reality but that is why it's important the business polices itself. The film & Music industry has always used the 'if not convicted then they are innocent' approach and that leads to some horrific situations years later (see R Kelly)

The vast majority of British Promotions operate without contracts so not using somebody should be simple.

• Paid Members
15 hours ago, wordsfromlee said:

Add this to the reasons why he's a raging bellend.

Normally I don't bother, because it depresses me, but I read the replies, and it's cheered me up no end to see him getting absolutely rinsed. 

• 1 month later...

Kimber Lee has made what I believe are further allegations against her husband Nash Carter, 1 half of the current NXT tag champions, on twitter.

She's posted pictures of injuries to her face which she alleges were gained by him punching her then telling her she could explain them as being a wrestler she was "always marked up".

She's also posted a picture of him doing a nazi salute with a Hitler style tache shaved in.

• Paid Members
11 minutes ago, Nick James said:

Some of the comments under her tweets are the exact reason why victims fear coming forward. 

this has been an odd story to follow. Here are some early tweets about it

I would like to think that would be the reason why people are questioning things, because of recent exchanges with fans and not because they don’t want it to be true

• Paid Members

Thing is, people are quoting this image as if it's a gotcha that Kim is the problem:

They seem to think that the person responding is accusing Kimberly of abandoning someone etc., but she's not. It's Kim's mum, supporting the statement she's already made, on her personal Facebook profile.

I've worked with Kim, known her for a few years, and consider her a friend. She's been sober for a couple of years, and before that obviously made some poor choices and burned some bridges, and that's led to a lot of people who don't know the situation spreading all sorts of rumours about her. She's been through the ringer.

I believe what she's saying, 100%. If there are inconsistencies in the story, it's because abuse in a relationship is confusing and dealing with that doesn't move in a straight line. 

• Paid Members
37 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

Thing is, people are quoting this image as if it's a gotcha that Kim is the problem:

They seem to think that the person responding is accusing Kimberly of abandoning someone etc., but she's not. It's Kim's mum, supporting the statement she's already made, on her personal Facebook profile.

I've worked with Kim, known her for a few years, and consider her a friend. She's been sober for a couple of years, and before that obviously made some poor choices and burned some bridges, and that's led to a lot of people who don't know the situation spreading all sorts of rumours about her. She's been through the ringer.

I believe what she's saying, 100%. If there are inconsistencies in the story, it's because abuse in a relationship is confusing and dealing with that doesn't move in a straight line. 

Yeah I don’t dispute her accounts or evidence at all, but the narrative that has been put out isn’t cohesive. That doesn’t mean it’s not true, but does confuse things. 

Trauma and recovery isn't linear, it doesn't exist for social media conventions, nor is it ever fucking straightforward. 

The amount of crap that comes out after the abuser has gone, will literally make you question your very existence and triggers come from absolutely anytime and anywhere from that date forward. 

Some of the stuff will be realised years later, or possibly even never. 

I hate that people victim blame, dont understand that trauma bonds mean that two very different scenarios can exist together at the same time and both be true as well. (it was a loving situation, I felt loved but then it was also actually abusive and coercive or dangerous as fuck being one example where the two things co exist and are both true. ) 

The only people that Kimber's narrative needs to make sense for is her own, to heal and for the authorities if there's an investigation. 

4 hours ago, BomberPat said:

Absolutely. Plus you also have the way serial abusers constantly make out how they’re the wronged party. They’ll meet a vulnerable person and tell them how they too were abused and how hard they’ve had it. Once their confidence has been gained the abuse starts. 
Eventually the abused person flees the abuser and the abuser goes back to form by making out they’ve been hard done by and how they’re the one really being abused. Even after they peddle this story for the third or fourth time, they still insist it’s all the other persons fault.  

It’s serial abuse and they’re total dangers to vulnerable people and society as a whole.