Wrestling #MeToo #SpeakingOut

Keith Houchen

3 hours ago, David said:

Yeah, and whatever behaviour he displays naturally will be exacerbated by potential CTE. It won't be the sole reason for how he behaves, as he's always been a bit of a prick by the sounds of it, but it will definitely have been a factor in some of the erratic and weird shit he's doing in later life. Things like seemingly being cool with someone one minute, then getting wired into them on social media the next, or bizarrely accusing WWE of erasing his legacy. That's just how it is with that kind of thing, unless we think that years taking bumps has had no real effect on his brain.

Cool. David has cleared him everyone. Obviously CTE. No need for any medical tests or any kind of legitimate proof of that.

Good luck Ric. Hope you get better soon. Try not to sexually assault anyone in future mate. We know you don't really mean to. 

Edited by Cousin Jim Bob

11 hours ago, Cousin Jim Bob said:

Cool. David has cleared him everyone. Obviously CTE. No need for any medical tests or any kind of legitimate proof of that.

It doesn't require a doctor to know a guy who has been bumping, throwing himself around, and generally abusing his body every fucking night for 40 odd years will have shook his brain around. The only real question is to what extent he's damaged.

And you do know that the medical tests for CTE can only be done once the individual is deceased, right? 

Again, I'm not saying that CTE would explain his deviant behaviour, or that had he not been a wrestler he'd be a stand up member of his local community, but I am saying that a lot of the weird shit he comes out with these days, and his seemingly erratic behaviour when it comes to how he's reacting to people on social media and so on is very similar to the antics of other people who have been involved in high impact or combat sports. 

You don't do what he's done almost every night since the 70's and not pay a physical toll, and CTE is just a part of that.

As others have pointed out he hasn't just started being strange and having erratic behaviour. Every story you ever hear about him in shoot interviews, from any period of his career, are all about him doing crazy shit. Add in the fact he is an alcoholic and most of these stories usually involve a drunk Ric Flair, should pretty much explain his behaviour to anyone with common sense.

Edited by Cousin Jim Bob

I think what David is saying, and he can clear this up, is that Flair may have been a nasty shitbag from day dot, but the abuse hes taken over the years has possibly expedited it into his old age (older age even, hes always been old to me)

But that even if he's found to have CTE when he dies, that doesn't excuse his nasty shit behaviour when he was a younger man. Its not an excuse, more of a reason.

That about right @David?

Aye but I'm pointing out that is just pure guess work, based of him being odd on social media lately. When its far more likely the admitted alcoholic was probably just drunk when posting. 

Or the fact he has a new podcast out with Mark Madden. So Flair suddenly getting in internet feuds with the likes of Becky Lynch, which then gets picked up by all kinds of media outlets, is pretty convenient timing

1 hour ago, Cousin Jim Bob said:

Aye but I'm pointing out that is just pure guess work, based of him being odd on social media lately. When its far more likely the admitted alcoholic was probably just drunk when posting. 

Or the fact he has a new podcast out with Mark Madden. So Flair suddenly getting in internet feuds with the likes of Becky Lynch, which then gets picked up by all kinds of media outlets, is pretty convenient timing

Oh 100%. Hes a sad, old washed up man who is forever desperate to be relevant and will grasp at any opportunity to get in the news.