Wrestling #MeToo #SpeakingOut

Keith Houchen

• Paid Members
21 minutes ago, theringmaster said:

Imagine being a booker and think Ospreay v Robinson is a good idea just 18 months after speaking out.....

Not sure how the match or event went, and don't care. But as has proved before you get access to a big enough star, you'll book them regardless.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Not sure how the match or event went, and don't care. But as has proved before you get access to a big enough star, you'll book them regardless.

It's not even really that, the promotion in question started out life as Ospreay's backyard wrestling promotion, and him and Robinson came up together. I don't know who runs them now, but it's going to be someone else in that milieu.

So it's not a case of a promotion sacrificing their morality to get their hands on a "name", it's a case of Will Ospreay being too thick to recognise that he could keep his mouth shut and skirt around the edges of Speaking Out a lot better if he wasn't booking himself against someone else who had been explicitly named and called out. 

• Paid Members
42 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

It's not even really that, the promotion in question started out life as Ospreay's backyard wrestling promotion, and him and Robinson came up together. I don't know who runs them now, but it's going to be someone else in that milieu.

So it's not a case of a promotion sacrificing their morality to get their hands on a "name", it's a case of Will Ospreay being too thick to recognise that he could keep his mouth shut and skirt around the edges of Speaking Out a lot better if he wasn't booking himself against someone else who had been explicitly named and called out. 

I didn't clock on it was RCWA. It was his ex fiance (before he dumped her for Bea) but she was still running things until at least COVID, not sure if it is still her.

• Awards Moderator
1 hour ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

I didn't clock on it was RCWA. It was his ex fiance (before he dumped her for Bea) but she was still running things until at least COVID, not sure if it is still her.

RCWA is still a thing? I don't think his ex is part of it any more. 

• 4 weeks later...

Ah yes Kid "well its not illegal" Fite.

A message saying you want to "teach you all the sex" to a 16 year old girl as you urge her not to tell her parents is pretty predatory stuff regardless of legality really isn't it. Add in the allegation that he was her trainer at the time and in a position of power and influence over her and it's even more so.

Always thought he seemed like a bell end and neither the incident nor the non apology did anything to convince me otherwise.

Edited by Jonny Vegas

• Paid Members

Not surprised in the slightest, just that it took so long to come out. Quite a few nonces in amongst that peer group from back in the day. Some outed, some not, some can't be.

As the above poster said, a bell-end of the highest order. 

On 2/22/2022 at 5:50 PM, Hannibal Scorch said:
Anyone know about this one? Has he come up before?

Ooooh 😔😬😵😮😩

I'm rather liberal when it comes to giving people the benefit of the doubt. But there's no getting away from how sinister that looks. The fact he talks like it's their little secret screams abuser. Every time I hear "let's keep this to ourselves" in this context it makes me feel queasy!