Wrestling #MeToo #SpeakingOut

Keith Houchen

2 hours ago, Merzbow said:

Nash Carter is apparently gone, they've fired him.

Sean Ross Sapp is saying it's 100% happened. I'd be inclined to think it's because of the Nazi salute image getting out there.

3Count Dankula. 

I was at the "family friendly" British Championship Wrestling in Kilmarnock, Ayrshire last night, tag team match with mystery opponents and out comes Kid Fite. Not mentioned in any of the promotional twitter/Facebook posts or on the poster for obvious reasons. It's a shame as the first time I went to one of their shows was in 2005.

I nearly took my son to that BCW show last night for his first ever show but had reservations as I thought KF had some sort of involvement with them.

With it being their first show back I thought perhaps the hyped up mystery team might have been someone with name value not just that creep.

My son opted for Sonic 2 at the cinema instead and I'm doubly glad he did now.

Edited by Jonny Vegas

On 4/10/2022 at 9:07 PM, Jonny Vegas said:

I nearly took my son to that BCW show last night for his first ever show but had reservations as I thought KF had some sort of involvement with them.

With it being their first show back I thought perhaps the hyped up mystery team might have been someone with name value not just that creep.

My son opted for Sonic 2 at the cinema instead and I'm doubly glad he did now.

BCW have used the PBW ring for their shows for quite a while and looks like they will continue to do so. I can't see me attending Scottish shows again tbh. Even if none of the people that were identified during Speaking Out are on a show it would be very hard to find a show that doesn't have some wrestlers who have appeared on shows with those named. In my view if you're willing to work on the same show as them you're complicit. 

So far WrestleZone in Aberdeen may be the only exception to this and that's too far to travel for me. 

24 minutes ago, LEGIT said:

Is the general consensus Kid Fite should never have the chance to wrestle again? Honest opinions please. I'm not sure, and please don't hate me for admitting that.

Much like when a footballer  or musician gets done, it’s about the power dynamic more than anything. He was looked up to because of who he was and his standing within the scene. Had he not had that standing, would the 16 year old been coerced as easily? Giving him back that spotlight, regardless of how small the spotlight is, gives him the opportunity to do the same thing again. 

As is always the case, it’s up to a promoter who they book, but it’s up to us if we enable it. In this instance he was a surprise and not announced on the bill. But should be announced for the next show, people have the choice. 

6 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Much like when a footballer  or musician gets done, it’s about the power dynamic more than anything. He was looked up to because of who he was and his standing within the scene. Had he not had that standing, would the 16 year old been coerced as easily? Giving him back that spotlight, regardless of how small the spotlight is, gives him the opportunity to do the same thing again. 

As is always the case, it’s up to a promoter who they book, but it’s up to us if we enable it. In this instance he was a surprise and not announced on the bill. But should be announced for the next show, people have the choice. 

I understand and agree.

I think about Kid Fite and what he did quite often. First thing I always think, I can't believe how fucking stupid he was. Maybe my first thought should be about the person he coerced, but it's not. I can't believe someone would so stupidly ruin their own reputation and cause themselves embarrassment like that. 

I also have always held the belief that people generally deserve a second chance, unless they've done the most heinous of crimes or remain a danger for whatever reason. Is Fite in that category?

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

Odds that he posted here?

There's quite a few people making an absolute show of themselves on Twitter today with takes about people who were friendly/civil towards that guy. All because when he said nice things to someone they would retweet it. 

Guys who were Church-mouse quiet when the accusations of their mates misbehaving, you couldn't peep out of them. Now more than happy to chirp up when it’s a fan that's done something wrong.

1 hour ago, LEGIT said:

I also have always held the belief that people generally deserve a second chance, unless they've done the most heinous of crimes or remain a danger for whatever reason. Is Fite in that category?

It all depends what “Second chance” means in this instance. His life hasn’t been ruined, he doesn’t need to change identity or leave town or anything like that. It’s not like he’s come out of prison and wants a second chance. 

If you mean in a wrestling perspective, that’s for promotors.  Wrestling is by and large ran by cunts for cunts. Most won’t give a tuppenny fuck about what he did as long as they’re entertained.