Wrestling #MeToo #SpeakingOut

Keith Houchen

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, martyngnr said:

There's quite a few people making an absolute show of themselves on Twitter today with takes about people who were friendly/civil towards that guy. All because when he said nice things to someone they would retweet it. 

Guys who were Church-mouse quiet when the accusations of their mates misbehaving, you couldn't peep out of them. Now more than happy to chirp up when it’s a fan that's done something wrong.

Yeah, it doesn't sit right with me to see people saying "nothing's changed since Speaking Out" because of a fan, not someone with any kind of platform, influence or position within the industry whatsoever, being charged with something that, as far as I can gather, has no connection to anything he did around wrestling. If wrestling had to get rid of every fan that anyone ever felt was a bit creepy or made female wrestlers uncomfortable, shows would be half-empty.

Jack Claffey/Gallagher has a bare knuckle match in Orlando in a few weeks. Just seen an interview where he said he had offers from other wrestling companies and zero mention of what he did. Yeah, am sure all the companies wanted you and not doing this fight cause you need the money and no one will hire you.

Edited by Stop the pigeon

22 hours ago, LEGIT said:

Is the general consensus Kid Fite should never have the chance to wrestle again? Honest opinions please. I'm not sure, and please don't hate me for admitting that.

A large part of it for me was the text messages released where he specifically told the girl not to tell her parents where she was going, which implies that he knew what he was doing was dodgy.

He also tweeted afterwards that he didn't remember texting her then blamed his mental health, his relationship, his drinking, the girl involved and people posting about it on twitter.

6 hours ago, StuffAndThings said:

A large part of it for me was the text messages released where he specifically told the girl not to tell her parents where she was going, which implies that he knew what he was doing was dodgy.

He also tweeted afterwards that he didn't remember texting her then blamed his mental health, his relationship, his drinking, the girl involved and people posting about it on twitter.

This is very much it for me. It's not always about what someone has done but the way that they've done it.

His behaviour in the messages to the girl telling her not to tell her parents and to say she was staying at a friends house to me indicated a level of predatory and sinister behaviour. As he says in the messages it isn't illegal but that doesn't mean myself or others need to view it as acceptable.

In telling her not to tell her parents or other people and making a point to say it wasn't illegal, whether he had been drinking or not and regardless of his mental health it shows clearly to me that he knew what he was doing probably wasn't right but decided to do it anyway. It's his right to do that, as he says it wasn't illegal. It's my right to decide not to want to have any involvement with anything he's involved in.

It's also worth noting that in Scotland whilst the legal age of sexual consent is 16, people are also legally classed as children until they reach the age of 18. Whilst at the time he was a 31 year old man whom she alleges had also acted as her trainer at a wrestling school. Which he admits had been the case even if only on one occasion.

He later put out a statement where he claimed not to have known her age, despite having sent her messages saying he "wanted to teach her stuff" and when asked what said "all the sex", after she directly told him she was 16. 

Regarding second chances, if my children have done something they knew was wrong but then show genuine remorse and apologise then I'm always accepting of that.

If they make a half hearted apology and list a slew of reasons why actually it wasn't their fault at all then I tend to believe they're not remorseful whatsoever, they're apologising because they feel they have to and they want to get their own way again.

I'm not sure I should hold a 35 year old adult to a lower standard of accountability than children under 5.

Edited by Jonny Vegas

• 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Interesting tweet from the former Nia Jax in this article. Presumably she's talking about Laurinitis? 

https://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/ex-wwe-superstar-nia-jax-says-perverted-higher-ups-stop-wrestlers-from-getting-opportunities/amp

I'm more surprised that there's a rumour that the WWE is being blackmailed over nudes of Byron Saxton. Pretty sure the WWE would show them on TV and have Corey take the piss out of his knob every week. 

25 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

Ember Moon not long ago spoke about being told to sex up her image to look more like Mandy Rose, she didn't and was let go not long after. Part of the NXT 2.0 deal is that the women all have to dress sexier.

She also didn't choose to sign a new deal.

• Paid Members
28 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

Ember Moon not long ago spoke about being told to sex up her image to look more like Mandy Rose, she didn't and was let go not long after.

There’s something unsettling about that for me.

28 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

Part of the NXT 2.0 deal is that the women all have to dress sexier.

Good to know that after giving the women their own Rumble, a PPV and a Mania main event, as soon as Vince gets his fingers deeper into a product, we wind the clock back and titillation comes back into focus. Really good to know. Stupendous, even.

With Ember Moon it's so much worse than that. I recommend you listen to this interview.

She tells of story of blatant marginalisation and being royally fucked around, and deeply ingrained misogynistic behaviour towards her.

Although this is  very much reading between the lines, it's almost like the mentality is "well I wouldn't shag her, so why would we put her on the main roster?"

It's incredibly gross.

4 hours ago, andrew "the ref" coyne said:

With Ember Moon it's so much worse than that. I recommend you listen to this interview.

She tells of story of blatant marginalisation and being royally fucked around, and deeply ingrained misogynistic behaviour towards her.

Although this is  very much reading between the lines, it's almost like the mentality is "well I wouldn't shag her, so why would we put her on the main roster?"

It's incredibly gross.

Wow! Yeah. Says it all really. 

Telling how there is no upper age  limit for male talent but only girls who can wear booty butt shorts need bother.

As an aside, what a real, relatable bubbly person Ember seems. Hope she lands on her feet.