Petty Annoyances

1 hour ago, Sheffbag said:

not really a petty one, just a general annoyance. People who buy front row seats..then stand up blocking the view for everyone behind them 

This weeks AEW dynamite had a walking quality street wrapper stood up for virtually all the page-danielson match and she wasnt even on the hard cam side. Her "friend" didnt look much better either. 

Bet they’re more bearable to be near than that guy with the Yellow Square.

Speaking of annoying fans, Everton Guy seems to have disappeared off the face of the Earth. That or he he just goes to NXT 2.0 now which I don’t watch

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Sheffbag said:

not really a petty one, just a general annoyance. People who buy front row seats..then stand up blocking the view for everyone behind them 

So glad that I'm not the only one bothered by this. It's all good if they get excited and stand up for big highspots, kick-outs or moments, but most of the time the fuckers just...stand there.

• Awards Moderator
3 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Speaking of annoying fans, Everton Guy seems to have disappeared off the face of the Earth. That or he he just goes to NXT 2.0 now which I don’t watch

I definitely spotted him at Dynamite when they were back at Daily’s Place a week / two weeks / however many weeks ago it was.

Adam Cole's knee bar on Jake Atlas this week on Rampage....seriously how ridiculous did it look? Clearly Cole wrapped his legs around Atlas and didn't even twist or move his leg (will give benefit of the doubt if he had a legit injury). At least make it look like you're doing something to your opponent..!

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, Big'Olympic_Hero'Pete said:

Adam Cole's knee bar on Jake Atlas this week on Rampage....seriously how ridiculous did it look? Clearly Cole wrapped his legs around Atlas and didn't even twist or move his leg (will give benefit of the doubt if he had a legit injury). At least make it look like you're doing something to your opponent..!

Jack Atlas hurt his leg on the jump and they had to call an audible.

7 minutes ago, Big'Olympic_Hero'Pete said:

Still better than a Panama Sunrise.

20 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Jack Atlas hurt his leg on the jump and they had to call an audible.

Fair point. Wasn't aware of that, point still stands in general. Why make a move look like it hurts when if you watch closely your opponent has actually done nothing to cause any discomfort?

24 minutes ago, Big'Olympic_Hero'Pete said:

Fair point. Wasn't aware of that, point still stands in general. Why make a move look like it hurts when if you watch closely your opponent has actually done nothing to cause any discomfort?

Because they had barely seconds to improv a finish and they went straight to a made up finish. 

• Paid Members

When a big move, often a finisher, is delivered in a contrived way to make sure its near the ropes, inevitably followed up by a pin attempt where the near leg is hooked instead of the far leg, so that the wrestler getting pinned can break the count on two by putting their leg on the rope.

You can see from a mile out that these situations will never lead to a three count.

1 hour ago, bbabba said:

When a big move, often a finisher, is delivered in a contrived way to make sure its near the ropes, inevitably followed up by a pin attempt where the near leg is hooked instead of the far leg, so that the wrestler getting pinned can break the count on two by putting their leg on the rope.

You can see from a mile out that these situations will never lead to a three count.

Or worse yet, they get hit by the move, and the "knocked out" wrestler someone still awkwardly wiggles on the mat to get in position for the rope break.

• Paid Members

Probably not a petty annoyance, but whenever AEW do something shady, such as hire Jay Lethal or put him on TV for example, one of the first lines of defence I see is 'Well, WWE has Riddle on TV' or 'Well, WWE did X way back when'. Just because the shadyest company in the world did something first, doesn't make it ok or acceptable. 

This defence drives me insane. Wrestling is scummy as it is, to validate a scummy act by saying the scummiest company of them all did it first, is laughable.

6 hours ago, Nick James said:

Probably not a petty annoyance, but whenever AEW do something shady, such as hire Jay Lethal or put him on TV for example, one of the first lines of defence I see is 'Well, WWE has Riddle on TV' or 'Well, WWE did X way back when'. Just because the shadyest company in the world did something first, doesn't make it ok or acceptable. 

This defence drives me insane. Wrestling is scummy as it is, to validate a scummy act by saying the scummiest company of them all did it first, is laughable.

I agree with what your saying, but you got to remember that fans will always pick & choose their outrage based on whether or not it involves someone that they like. Just look at the mutants who call for Chris Benoit to go into the Hall of Fame every year because murdering a child “doesn’t take away from his career”, or how Martha Hart should’ve “just got over it” years ago so that they can have an Owen t-shirt.

Thats not exclusive to whether or not someone has done questionable or shady shit either, it could be something as mundane as accidentally hurting someone in a match.
Hypothetically, Finn Balor could stiff someone with a kick in the face and you can guarantee they’ll be people saying it was the other person’s fault because Balor “works a physical style” or “sometimes accidents happen”. Now if Sheamus were to catch someone flush with a Brogue Kick, all of a sudden it’s his fault because “he’s a dangerous worker”.

Thats not to sound like I’m having a go at either of them, I like both guys, but they could do the exact same thing and one would get a free pass because he’s the more popular

Edited by WyattSheepMask