Petty Annoyances

• Paid Members
13 minutes ago, air_raid said:

And I’ll have you know there’s nobody in our basement. Just a couple of bikes, some smokeless fuel, and an old bag of cement, gone hard.

It's good that you think that

4 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

Ooh check you lot out with your basements. Privileged motherfuckers. I live in a cupboard like a shit Harry Potter and the people who live in the house don’t even know I’m here poncing their Wi-Fi. 

Oh we used to dream of living in a cupboard! Would've been a palace to us. We used to live in an old water tank on a rubbish tip. We got woken up every morning by having a load of rotting fish dumped all over us!

2 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Especially baddies, they should be well annoyed. Didn’t the Million Dollar Man buy 30 from someone once?

Yup. 

Bought number 30 from one of The Twin Towers in 1989 and then threw a massive tantrum when he got number 1 in 1990 which coincidentally was the first WWF PPV I ever watched.

Also let's not forget Bobby's meltdown when Flair got number 3 in 1992.

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

The way they make out drawing #1 in the rumble is the worst number. #2 has an equally shit time of it and could get jumped on their way into the ring by #1, being #2 sucks

Actually I watched last years Rumble yesterday and Michael Cole went on a stat babble about how on average number 3 spends the least amount of time in the Rumble. Which is true when you think about how many Rumbles over the years started with two decent guys then number 3 was disposable, and dumped pretty quickly. Santino coming out in 2008 to join Shawn and Undertaker for instance. But it’s horseshit that he tries to convince me that it’s a worse number than 1 or 2 because statistics.

Although, they pissed away any chance of clinging on to “the later your number, the better your odds” logic years ago when one of those “by the numbers” hype videos told us that Number 30 wasn’t as gilt-edged as you’d think as it had produced (at the time) exactly the same number of winners as Number 1. Way to smack me round the face with “because that’s how we booked it” reminders.

For the interested :

1 : Shawn Michaels (1995), Chris Benoit (2004), Edge (2021)

2 : Vince McMahon (1999), Rey Misterio (2006)

30 : Undertaker (2007), John Cena (2008), HHH (2016), Brock Lesnar (2022)

More men have won from the beginning than from Number 30!! Number 27 has still produced the most wins (4) and interestingly the only guy to win from number 28 did it twice (Batista) and Lesnar has won from 29 and from 30.

10 hours ago, The King Of Swing said:

Bought number 30 from one of The Twin Towers in 1989 and then threw a massive tantrum when he got number 1 in 1990 which coincidentally was the first WWF PPV I ever watched.

Teds luck barely improved. He was number 2 in 1992 and first out by Davey Boy, and number 4 in 1993.

10 hours ago, The King Of Swing said:

Also let's not forget Bobby's meltdown when Flair got number 3 in 1992.

To be fair, that was not fair to Flair.

Edited by air_raid