Petty Annoyances

20 minutes ago, air_raid said:

Actually I watched last years Rumble yesterday and Michael Cole went on a stat babble about how on average number 3 spends the least amount of time in the Rumble. Which is true when you think about how many Rumbles over the years started with two decent guys then number 3 was disposable, and dumped pretty quickly. Santino coming out in 2008 to join Shawn and Undertaker for instance. But it’s horseshit that he tries to convince me that it’s a worse number.

Teds luck barely improved. He was number 2 in 1992 and first out by Davey Boy, and number 4 in 1993.

To be fair, that was not fair to Flair.

Tom Brandi says hello from number 3.

Also, the two lengthy Royal Rumble 1992 reviews from years ago on here (I think you may have done one of them?) should be a mandatory watch and read for UKFFers.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, RoryFice said:

Also, the two lengthy Royal Rumble 1992 reviews from years ago on here (I think you may have done one of them?) should be a mandatory watch and read for UKFFers.

Probably the my only contribution of note to anything, ever.

….. it’s taken me 9 years but I’ve just spotted a typo which of course, I can’t edit now, and will annoy me to the grave.

Edited by air_raid

• Paid Members

This one has really started bugging me.

Wrestlers who wear coats to the ring. Don’t get me wrong, we all love a coat, they keep us warm and dry.

But who wears a coat without anything underneath? Flashers and Wrestlers and it looks stupid and annoys me. Wear a top under your coat. 

• Paid Members

When somebody is on the top rope ready to do a splash or elbow, and the opponent is already moving out of the way before they've even started delivering said high risk move, but when they do go for it, they still aim for where the opponent was 

I couldn't find any examples on YouTube but for me the stupidest, most cartoon spot in wrestling is when a heel is on the apron with both hands on the top rope and the babyface yanks the rope from inside the ring and the heel does a forward flip over the rope whilst holding onto the top rope then releasing and landing flat as a pancake on their back 🤣🤦‍♂️

Edited by IronSheik

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Your Fight Site said:

Added torque, innit?

Indeed. It’s all in the execution isn’t it. Kurt Angle’s Moonsaults always looked weak because they seemed really slow (unless you land directly on Hardcore Bob’s arm) whilst Lita’s seemed so quick that you would assume they’d actually hurt more. Same with AJ Style’s old Spiral Tap. It was more then just a twisted senton because of the speed he span.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Indeed. It’s all in the execution isn’t it. Kurt Angle’s Moonsaults always looked weak because they seemed really slow (unless you land directly on Hardcore Bob’s arm) whilst Lita’s seemed so quick that you would assume they’d actually hurt more. Same with AJ Style’s old Spiral Tap. It was more then just a twisted senton because of the speed he span.

I was always more worried about the damage Lita was going to do to herself rather than her opponent with her moonsault. She'd only just manage to execute it properly sometimes. She made Vader's look neat sometimes. 

I never understood why they'd make a big deal of being able to make it so far away from the corner with these top rope moves. Surely you want to achieve a greater height so you can be falling onto your opponent faster. It's a mass thing, right? 

Somewhat surprisingly, there aren't many Muta moonsaults on Youtube. However this one shows the speed he came off the top rope. Unlike Christopher Daniels whose moonsault is practically slow motion. As any mathematician will tell you mass times velocity = momentum, so Muta's would hurt more.

Edited by Tamura

• Paid Members
16 hours ago, CAREBEAR LUVVA said:

Similarly, someone doing a top rope dive onto a prone opponent who moves out of the way, then the lad doing the dive lands miles away from where their opponent originally was so they would've missed regardless of whether the other lad had moved or not.

I've noticed this happening more and more in the past few years and it really gets on my nerves.  Don't know if the reason is something to do with safety, or just laziness on the part of the performer coming off the top (not being arsed to even try and hit where the target should be).

Wrestlers getting eliminated from Royal Rumbles by people who are not even in them / been eliminated. 2021 for example, pisses me off because Omos pulls out 2 or 3 people and he isnt even in the thing. It bugs me that you can get eliminated by someone who is already out, but someone who isnt even in it... For shame! :( 

• Paid Members
48 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Wrestlers getting eliminated from Royal Rumbles by people who are not even in them / been eliminated. 2021 for example, pisses me off because Omos pulls out 2 or 3 people and he isnt even in the thing. It bugs me that you can get eliminated by someone who is already out, but someone who isnt even in it... For shame! :( 

Yeah. There are referees all over the place to call a winner, as a bare minimum. A big deal was made of Steve Austin coming back in “behind referees’ backs” in 1997 when he’d been eliminated, and they missed it. If there are rules to be enforced, they should be enforced, and fucking off to the locker room when you’re out is in the rules, so if you pull someone out, it shouldn’t stand. It pissed me off when that cunt Jerry Lawler was allowed to help eliminate Mr Perfect in 1993 and it pisses me off to this day. They went through a spell of seconds/managers not being allowed to be at ringside and it should be that way still. If they didn’t do it every year that an Omos or whoever was just allowed to interfere on their mates behalf there could be some nuclear heat when they actually did it as a rarity, but they don’t have the restraint to think of things in those terms.

Dont get me started on those cheating bastards The New Day helping Kofi with his bullshit. Babyfaces my arse.

Edited by air_raid