Wrestling claims to fame

LEGIT

I've high fived Mitsuharu Misawa, while he was wrestling in front of what must've been one of his smallest crowds ever, about 100 people in Carluke, Scotland. 

What's everyone else's most unusual or noteworthy wrestling experience? Anyone ever been in the industry and worked with famous names? Or at least bumped into a famous wrestler at a petrol station wolfing down a packet of salt and vinegar? Whatever it is, post your most notable experience around wrestling here. It would be good to get a few stories together. 

Edited by LEGIT

2 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

I'm one of the very few wrestling fans in Britain who hasn't tried to put on a show or be on a show.

EDIT - Or been on or have my own podcast.

Shame this, Keith Houchen on a poster would have pulled them in for Triple X at the Jolly Beggar!

I witnessed Billy Gunn almost get hit by a car in the alley behind Walkabout in Cardiff a few years ago. I said “woah Billy Gunn”, got a “hey man” back, and then he got into the passenger seat of the same car and drove off.

Another one which I often forget but tickles me. About 5 years ago I worked at a shite bar (Live Lounge for anyone familiar with Cardiff) and came in for my shift one night to be told the WWE wrestlers are in tonight and have booked a VIP area. I was already a bit perplexed at the idea of a VIP area in Live Lounge, but then started to get excited and wondered what John Cena could be doing in Cardiff. Not long after, in walks fucking Grandmaster Sexay and Scotty 2 Hotty. Scotty stared at me for about 5 minutes straight at one point, it was unsettling.

Edited by Slapnut

• Paid Members

I shared a car ride with The Sandman from the Doncaster Dome into Doncaster after a 1PW show, before sitting for pizza with Roderick Strong, Corey Graves and AJ Styles before going to the pub. I’m sure they were all wondering what the skinny 21 year old lad from Yorkshire was doing sat quietly at the table listening to them talk.

• Paid Members
59 minutes ago, LEGIT said:

Or at least bumped into a famous wrestler at a petrol station wolfing down a packet of salt and vinegar?

Actually, I believe it was Cheese and Onion that particular Ham and Egger was getting his fangs into. 

Had a ciggy with Robbie Brookside outside a bar on the Albert Dock in Liverpool. Was during the intermission of An Evening With William Regal.

I asked him about his name and he said he was mates with Phil Redmond in the 80s who told him that Brookside was going to be massive once it launched, and recommended he adopt it as his name about a year before it first aired. Which blew my mind (and I’ve never done the Googling to check if its right).

• Paid Members
39 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

I'm one of the very few wrestling fans in Britain who hasn't tried to put on a show or be on a show.

EDIT - Or been on or have my own podcast.

Imagine if you cashed in those upvotes for Patreon subscribers!

Hustling Sabrina The Teenage Witch GIF

I’ve tattooed Pete Dunne and Tyler Bates which is my most respectable one. Smoked cigars in Vegas with Dustin Rhodes which is my favourite one.
I’m also custard brother to a long list of current wrestlers with the biggest one being The Rock. That was bloody intimidating. 

Edited by UK Kat Von D