Wrestling claims to fame

LEGIT

I did training with IPW:UK in Swanley in Kent for a few months in 2010 and Jimmy Havoc was a guest trainer that would be at most sessions.

We did a drill where two people would be in the ring and the aim was one of them to ‘get heat’ on the other for 2-3 minutes. Then the person being beaten up would remain and get heat on the next person, rinse and repeat until everyone has played both parts.

Jimmy comes in after I’ve had the 2 minutes being beaten, so now my turn to do some moves. I started with a snapmare to get him into a seated position and thought I’d do a few elbows as well, except Jimmy loudly shouted ‘I’M NOT SELLING THAT SHIT!’. I think I just put a chinlock on for the rest of time.

• Paid Members
23 minutes ago, scratchdj said:

Big Daddy stood full weight on my foot when I was 11 and didn’t apologise. I needed a note for PE the day after.

This is tremendous.

"Please excuse scratchdj from PE today, as famously hefty wrestler Big Daddy (as seen on ITV) stood on his foot yesterday."

• Paid Members

My youngest brother was, briefly, Arachnaman's tag team partner during a match we saw at some holiday park. He was only about four at the time. He got invited in the ring to kick some fat wrestler in the shin whilst Arachnaman's partner got carted to the back. It was only a couple of years ago I found out Brad Armstrong was Arachnaman.

Edited by Devon Malcolm

9 hours ago, UK Kat Von D said:

Not sure if I’ve ever told this story on here before. Couple years back I was dating a girl and when she found out I liked wrestling she told me that she had been best friends with a girl who’s Dad was a wrestler. I asked who it was, thinking I was going to surprise her by knowing some obscure wrestler most people wouldn’t have heard of. She replied with Steve Austin.

My first year housemate in uni also knew said daughter, and to the best of my memory, this story sounds incredibly similar to what she told me.

Any chance she was from Southend?

Edited by Slapnut

As a very young Mount-Evans i walked back from the ring to the dressing room holding Big Daddy's hand.

Had Fish n Chips with Pete Lapaque who was one half of British Heel tag team The Rockers.

Had a pint with Red Indian Bobby Bald Eagle & more recently had a beer with ex-bank robber Nick Fn Gage. Also had a pint with Darth Vader (well David Prowse).

• Paid Members

Yeah Southend is about right. Had a guy in a bar in Bristol a few years ago when I was at Uni in Bath claim he knew the youngest sister and that he was from that area. 

I was in a wrestling shirt so he probably thought that was a great story to tell me, never saw the bloke again that night but a lot of the story adds up. Guy got the mums Facebook up to show me he knew them, was all a bit strange. 

As for myself, doing ring crew for a show for VPW in Portsmouth where we travelled from Hereford because our trainer made wrestling rings and had a steel cage available for hire was a pretty fun trip. Made only more fun by Billy Gunn accidentally knocking into me and saying sorry to me replying "that's okay Billy Gunn, Holy crap you're Billy Gunn, hey guys it's Billy Gunn" like some really bad Wrestling game commentary that just kept saying his full name again and again. 

Edited by Shy Dad

• Moderators

There was this nob head on here before who claimed he mouthed off about the UK Pitbulls at the bar being shite.

My main wrestling claim to fame is either giving Dustin Rhodes a sausage roll or taking "the greatest bump ever" as I was leaving between the ropes in Porthmadog and tripped and ended up doing a Foley nestea plunge somehow.