Wrestling claims to fame

LEGIT

After a House of Hardcore tour, a mate and I got talking to the Spirit Squad, in particular Randy, who was friends with our friend Niki Nitro, who is an Aussie indy wrestler. We ended up hanging out after the show to get a feed, but stopped off at his hotel so he could change clothes. He was rooming with Lance Archer, who was already asleep. I asked to use the bathroom, Randy said "no problem". I went, but was terrified Archer would burst in half-asleep wondering who the fuck this guy is pissing in his toilet.

Also, Niki showed us a text from Kenny saying "your friends are super nice" so that was cool.

We went to a pie shop as it was the only thing open. Al Snow was in there eating with his wife. Niki said, "Don't you want to meet Al?" I did, but I didn't want to be that dickhead fan interrupting him while he was with his wife, so I left them alone.

I was flying out to do a gig in Hamburg and all of the Raw roster were at the airport - not sure where they were going. 

I was eating breakfast and looked over to my left and all 3 of the Shield lads were standing there. Unfortunately as I always travel in sweat pants / shorts and ratty clothes I was wearing an old Progress Wrestling t-shirt - so looked like the worst kind of smarky airport stalker.

However - this turned to my advantage when I was in the Lego shop and I heard an Irish voice saying "Cool shirt man" and turned round to have a brief chat with Finn Balor. Yes Finn in a lego shop - pretty on brand. He was super nice.

• Paid Members

For selfish reasons I hope that Hulk Hogan never wrestles again as it means I was in attendance for his last recorded match (6 man tag at a TNA house show in Manchester, complete with red trackie bottoms).

TNA_Manchester_20121.jpg

Edited by garynysmon

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, garynysmon said:

For selfish reasons I hope that Hulk Hogan never wrestles again as it means I was in attendance for his last recorded match (6 man tag at a TNA house show in Manchester, complete with red trackie bottoms).

TNA_Manchester_20121.jpg

Who is in the Gerrard shirt?

At Rev Pro's only show in Castleford, after Sha Samuel's Vs Chucky T, Chuck stole Sha's scarf, elbow dropped it and called me into the ring where I bizarrely made the 3 count, looking back on it now I should have stopped at 2 and said the scarf got his shoulder up!!! 

On 5/27/2020 at 6:12 PM, garynysmon said:

TNA_Manchester_20121.jpg

I went to the TV taping in London and although we basically got the same interaction patterns as the match after the cameras went off it was never recorded as an official match and I have to say I felt less special.

Last night I was talking with colleagues and one girl from the US mentioned her friend had dated a wrestler back in California, she couldn't remember the full name but said it was likely Joey and I followed it up with Ryan being that she's from PWG's area and of course it was. 

Edited by simonworden

• Paid Members
11 minutes ago, simonworden said:

Last night I was talking with colleagues and one girl from the US mentioned her friend had dated a wrestler back in California, she couldn't remember the full name but said it was likely Joey and I followed it up with Ryan being that she's from PWG's area and of course it was. 

She must have taken a few flips back in the day then.

• Paid Members
47 minutes ago, oliloveslynn said:

At Rev Pro's only show in Castleford, after Sha Samuel's Vs Chucky T, Chuck stole Sha's scarf, elbow dropped it and called me into the ring where I bizarrely made the 3 count, looking back on it now I should have stopped at 2 and said the scarf got his shoulder up!!! 

I'd caution you against deviating from the 'planned' 3 count where Sha Samuels is involved...

I shared a lot of my random wrestler interactions on this thread a while back: https://ukff.com/topic/140077-strange-encounters-with-wrestlers/page/5/

Can think of a couple of others (more 'friends of friends' type stuff than direct claims to fame):

- My grandparents (may God rest their souls) lived round the corner from Finlay and knew his Dad (Fit Finlay Sr). My ex-girlfriend's Mum also went to school with Finlay Jr and my ex's brother went to Finlay Sr's amateur wrestling school when we were dating. When I met Finlay at a Smackdown house show in 2003 (well before he'd come out of retirement and was still a road agent) he seemed miffed that I'd recognised him/interrupted his conversation with another member of the crew for an autograph and wasn't having any of the 'my Granda knows yer Da' chat I tried on. 

- One of my good Japanese friend's sister is a professional interpreter and translator for the entertainment industry and spent a whole day interpreting for Hulk Hogan and Jimmy Hart in Tokyo a few years back (including on a visit to Ribera Steakhouse) - I even saw the pictures to prove it. Said Hogan talked about his son Nick a lot to Jimmy. She also does (or at least used to) do the Japanese subtitling for TNA shows. I also randomly met a guy from Tampa in a karaoke bar who said his Dad was the doctor who treated John Graziano after the tragic accident and obviously dealt with the Hogans (apparently Tampa residents are well used to seeing them around though - even Hulk).