What is the best shape of pasta?

Chest Rockwell

What is the best type of pasta  

87 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members
17 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

You're all wrong. Shells are shit as they trap water. Fusili is dull. Penne has a mind of its own and slips all over the place.  

It's bow tie. Just like the neckwear worn by Daniel Craig when he portrays Bond better than anyone. 

Shells trap sauce. If yours trap water you ain’t draining it right

• Paid Members
15 minutes ago, Onyx2 said:

Classic heathen British missing the point question. Different shape pastas exist to carry different texture sauces. You want the sauce to get caught in the shape, cling to it or slip around it as the dish deserves. You might as well ask "which cutlery is best?" 

https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/howto/guide/perfect-pairings-how-match-pasta-shapes-sauces

By different sauces do you mean different kinds of red sauce? In that case you're a wrong 'un Onyx. There's no chance I'm putting any Daddie's, French's, Tesco's own or some kind of reduced sugar version anywhere near my pasta. Regular Heinz and that's it. It sits the same on all the shapes, no fucking about. There's no better way to eliminate the shite pasta.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

I would have chosen spaghetti

If we are going long, stringy fork twiddling pasta it's tagliatelle all the way, which is way better than spegetti.

If it's anything else I'll always go penne, because shells are shit, spirals don't retain enough sauce and bowties are for nonces with tiny willys.

Edit: and while we are at it, it's long, stringy fork twiddling pasta for cream sauce, small shapes (penne) for red sauce. Bow ties for both if you are a nonce with a button mushroom, as per my previous comment.

Edited by Tommy!