What is the best shape of pasta?

Chest Rockwell

What is the best type of pasta  

87 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Moderators

Thanks for that image. It is interesting and informative.

I think the only way you could be more wrong than eating bowtie pasta would be if you just eat whole sheets of lasagne dipped in sauce. Actually, I think I might still prefer that.

Edited by Chest Rockwell

• Paid Members

Spiral pasta is the only one worth bothering with. Bow tie is shite with the wee hard bit. You have to chase the shell one around the plate with a fork which makes it annoying but at least it's soft. Spaghetti and tagliatelle are good but can make you look like a three year old very quickly. Spirals have no weaknesses.

Edited by WeeAl
Moved from the other thread

6 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

I think the only way you could be more wrong than eating bowtie pasta would be if you just eat whole sheets of lasagne dipped in sauce. Actually, I think I might still prefer that.

Bow tie past much like actual bow ties are the domain of sex pests and psychopaths.

• Paid Members

You're all wrong. Shells are shit as they trap water. Fusili is dull. Penne has a mind of its own and slips all over the place.  

It's bow tie. Just like the neckwear worn by Daniel Craig when he portrays Bond better than anyone. 

• Awards Moderator

Classic heathen British missing the point question. Different shape pastas exist to carry different texture sauces. You want the sauce to get caught in the shape, cling to it or slip around it as the dish deserves. You might as well ask "which cutlery is best?" 

https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/howto/guide/perfect-pairings-how-match-pasta-shapes-sauces