Royal Rumble 2020

tiger_rick

The only thing that frightens me about a Drew McIntyre run is the fact that Jinder Mahal still needs to return and probably would be a logical fit for one of his feuds.Ā 

WWE Championship: Drew McIntyre (c) vs Jinder Mahal

The horror.

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, LWOLeN said:

The only thing that frightens me about a Drew McIntyre run is the fact that Jinder Mahal still needs to return and probably would be a logical fit for one of his feuds.Ā 

WWE Championship: Drew McIntyre (c) vs Jinder Mahal

The horror.

That's generally not an unreasonable worry. Not Mahal necessarily but going all the way back to B*n**t in 2004, they've never had anything lined up for babyfaces coming out of Mania hot.

There are a couple of possibilities at the moment, Orton and Rollins. Orton is probably most likely as long as they don't have Edge destroy him. Rollins needs to build some momentum for a bit IMO before he's on the losing end of a feud with a World Champion.

Side note: What ever happened to Heath Slater?

Edited by tiger_rick

3 hours ago, tiger_rick said:

That's generally not an unreasonable worry. Not Mahal necessarily but going all the way back to B*n**t in 2004, they've never had anything lined up for babyfaces coming out of Mania hot.

There are a couple of possibilities at the moment, Orton and Rollins. Orton is probably most likely as long as they don't have Edge destroy him. Rollins needs to build some momentum for a bit IMO before he's on the losing end of a feud with a World Champion.

Side note: What ever happened to Heath Slater?

i'd be up for a short Sheamus run. Two big twats beating the crap out of each other for a month or so, Claymore vs Brogue kickĀ 

Sheamus is a man who has that "fuck off out the main event" stink for me.Ā 

I don't even dislike him, he just reminds me of that crowd of guys who you forgot were ever Champion but are like 6 time Champions. If you want to keep Drew hot after Mania, Sheamus is absolutely not the way to go for me.Ā 

Edited by FUM

• Paid Members

I'm perhaps getting my hopes up, but I think this year's Wrestlemania might be the year they show a firm commitment to the "next generation". Meltzer's apparently been talking about how they're trying to set up McIntyre, Black, Andrade et al to be the next crop of top level stars.

Edge aside, there doesn't seem (yet) to be a clear path for the usual crop of part-timers and Attitude Era holdovers to dominate the top of the card for Wrestlemania. We've yet to see any suggestion of The Undertaker, Triple H, Shane McMahon or Goldberg being involved. We don't even know yet if John Cena will be. Perhaps we'll see even more of a pivot to the Saudi Arabia shows as the nostalgia party, and Wrestlemania as more focused on the current roster.

Maybe they will, at least in the short-term, really try and commit. Problem is, we tend to assume that there's some untapped well of Great Booking that WWE can pull from, as if every other time they've tried to create a star they just weren'tĀ reallyĀ trying. We need to accept that WWEĀ really tryingĀ is still a bit shit, and just hope that Drew is good enough to muddle through it all, and that they don't panic at the first sign of adversity and default to Attitude Era nostalgia again.

2 hours ago, The King of Old School said:

Thing is, after beating Brock at Mania there isn't really anywhere else to go.

Drew's title matches will be stuck in the middle of PPV's and feel like IC title matches.

At least then he can still get the ā€œugh Vince hates muscly wrestlers with long hair and beards, heā€™s burying Drewā€ support.

If WWE committed toĀ McIntyre main eventingĀ PPVs for six months, heā€™s gonna get the ā€œSHOVED DOWN OUR THROATS PUSH BUDDY MURPHY AND KAIRI SANE INSTEADā€ reactions. By the fifth month,Ā his Internet name would be Scottish Roman.

That has to be the best Rumble since 92 I reckon wouldn't you say?

Putting over the top talents of the company, Brock looked like the legend he is here. All the roster were allowed to get their shit in before being eliminated. Anyone new to the show would see how great Karl Anderson, Matt Riddle, and Nakamura are with their edgy offence. These will be the guys in the next ten years showcasing this company. Drew McIntyre will be lighting the way forward for these amazing stars. In five years Drew will be every bit a star as Lesnar is!

• Paid Members
16 hours ago, Worthits said:

That has to be the best Rumble since 92 I reckon wouldn't you say?

Putting over the top talents of the company, Brock looked like the legend he is here. All the roster were allowed to get their shit in before being eliminated. Anyone new to the show would see how great Karl Anderson, Matt Riddle, and Nakamura are with their edgy offence. These will be the guys in the next ten years showcasing this company. Drew McIntyre will be lighting the way forward for these amazing stars. In five years Drew will be every bit a star as Lesnar is!

Come on, mate. As good as that Rumble was, they dropped a bad bollock with Riddle. He looked a right tit being thrown out so quickly. By Corbin of all people, too. A man so toxic that even if he got proper heel heat it wouldn't matter at this point. It's a real tragedy that at a time when Riddle is really starting to click in NXT, with him and Pete Dunne making for an incredible odd-couple team that's getting genuine laughs, he's simultaneously being sacrificed for more, "oh, just fuck off," boos for Corbin.