Royal Rumble 2020

tiger_rick

52 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

Apart from that time where he won the Royal RumbleĀ 

That was just to get him to a Mania match with AJ. In terms of most underwhelming winners he's right up there. They never had any long time plans to give him a decent push or solidify him as a main eventer.Ā 

2 hours ago, Supremo said:

Edgeā€™s whole return was a disaster in terms of direction. About a thousand camera cuts in less than two minutes, them completely losing him in the smoke to begin with, the shitty crowd shots instead of the actual action, itā€™s unbelievable that Kevin Dunn is still employed.

If we're pretending that everything WWE puts on the TV is to the credit/blame of Kevin Dunn, then he's probably still employed because he produces such excellent video packages all the time.

I was genuinely gutted when Morrison and Kofi got eliminated so easily, but then lost my shit when Keith Lee got in some moves. So while those two finding creative ways to avoid elimination was fun, this actually hooked me the way wrestling is supposed to be. By the time Drew eliminated me they had me in the palms of their hands I lost it when Edge returned.

Wrong woman won. I think Shayna would have been a better threat to Becky and Charlotte has more mileage as the golden girl who is heartbroken she hasnā€™t won. I canā€™t see them doing Becky/Charlotte at Mania either. Just doesnā€™t scream big match to me. If Rousey and Baszler can force their way in to make it a four way there will be a lot more they can do with the story. Maybe a tag match at Elimination Chamber for them to earn the right to join the Mainia match.

@King PitcosĀ if he is responsible for the video packages he should focus onĀ what he is good at and be replaced at what he is bad at.

Edited by UK Kat Von D

Enjoyed the two Rumbles, I hardly knew any of the women cos I don't watch NXT, but that Bianca one looked like a star. I thought Bliss did well do, given that I assume she's not known for her in ring ability. No interest in Charlotte winning though, she doesn't need it and her and Becky for the zillionth time is not an interesting story.Ā  Santino stuff was bizarre, I'd much rather have had him in the mens match cobra-ing people instead of dullards like Anderson or Gallows like.

Mens rumble was really good, Brock was quality. Loved the spot where he used Big E as steps to clobber Mysterio (that they didn't show a fucking replay of for some reason) and was nice to see Edge back, he looked so delighted when he was walking down the aisle. I'd be well up for him and Christian working a few handy tag matches, he's surely in better knick injury wise than Edge. Bit underwhelmed by McIntyre winning as I've always found him dull (dull promos, dull music, dull attire basically a Scottish Sheamus) aside from his 3mb days, but I suppose at least they're giving someone new a go.

Only managed to get through both Rumble matches this evening but I really enjoyed about 90% of it, Charlotte winning and Kelly Kelly getting a pop were about the only disappointing things going on. So happy for Drew and really want to see him win the belt at Mania now.

EDIT - Who else saw Brock mouth "the size of this motherfucker!" when Keith Lee was coming out?Ā 

Edited by Otto Dem Wanz

11 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

So apparently, Shayna shone the most in the Rumble and no-ones talking about Bianca

Ā 

What a mark, he keeps trying to put over the fact Shayna eliminated ā€œtop peopleā€ when itĀ was actually Bianca who did,Ā 

Belair eliminates: Alexa Bliss, Nikki Cross, Mandy Rose,Ā 

Shaynas ā€œTop Peopleā€ Carmella

I wanted Shayna to win but heā€™s just delusionalĀ 

Edited by TildeGuy~!