Royal Rumble 2020

tiger_rick

• Paid Members

Ronda’s posted this on her social media, which now has me more convinced than ever that she’s on her way back in.

58787F70-EE48-4C15-B774-12C3871E2CCB.jpeg.a8c196045d30e244059715b9383f0153.jpeg

The way the landscape now looks after Charlotte won the Rumble, with Charlotte vs. Becky having been done a million times and Charlotte vs. Bayley making no sense whatsoever, I’m starting to feel like we might get a rematch of last year’s Triple Threat. It’d be WWE’s style to think last year was a big success and go back to it again, once again squandering whatever is left of Becky vs. Ronda one-on-one. Oh well, maybe we can get another comedy skit of them all getting arrested again. Might as well have a laugh, if nothing else.

Edge’s whole return was a disaster in terms of direction. About a thousand camera cuts in less than two minutes, them completely losing him in the smoke to begin with, the shitty crowd shots instead of the actual action, it’s unbelievable that Kevin Dunn is still employed.

Ultimately, I blame that shocked guy at Wrestlemania 30 when Brock ended The Streak. That was the first time they ever really shot the crowd so excessively and for as awesome as that was it’s meant we’ve had to suffer years and years of unnecessary shots of people reacting to things, as if we as a viewer can’t figure out how to react ourselves. “This big star is miraculously returning to action after nine years on the shelf with a career-ending neck injury...make sure you get some shots of excited fans so the people at home know to be excited!” It’s mental.

On the plus side, they turned off Bray’s red light! Thank fuck! You’d hope this will be the last weird quirk that Vince sticks with far past any type of rationality, but it’s Vince, so as if.

Edited by Supremo

John Morrison's first PPV back, get eliminated in seconds by Lesnar, and then have Booker T gleefully explain how people like him who do flippy shit will never get to the top of the card.

Welcome back to the big show, John.

I echo everyone here - one of the best men's Rumble's in years - Lesnar's reign of terror was a genuine innovation, and using it to propel Drew into the main event was a fantastic call.

22 minutes ago, Joe Blog said:

It really shows how much Nakamuras stock has fallen. Imagine Brock and Nakamura facing off in the rumble a few years ago, it would have been a huge moment. 

Nakamura's WWE stock was never that high on the "main" roster to begin with. He was thrown out there under the assumption that people would just want to sing along to his entrance and watch him wrestle AJ Styles.

• Paid Members
42 minutes ago, Supremo said:

Ultimately, I blame that shocked guy at Wrestlemania 30 when Brock ended The Streak. That was the first time they ever really shot the crowd so excessively and for as awesome as that was it’s meant we’ve had to suffer years and years of unnecessary shots of people reacting to things

Agree with that. The WWE has been trying to recreate that moment ever since and it sucks. It also led to the fans clearly trying to get themselves over by reacting for the camera, which along with leg slapping is my least favorite thing about wrestling, to the point where i find it increasingly difficult to watch.

• Awards Moderator

Brock was unreal. Looked like he was having the time of his life. Thought he was going to make an arse of himself when he stumbled getting out of the ring to leg it at Elias, but he just about steadied himself. Thank Christ - imagine what an angry Lesnar would do to them after making a tit of himself.

Favourite part? When New Day and Rey were doing him over and he exploded off Big E’s back with the clothesline. Burst out laughing.

Oh, hang on. Did I say that was my favourite part? I meant second-favourite.

01604081-A5A7-4B47-BAA0-B0DD811976EE.gif.da3f72cba6180c390580e841cb64ee86.gif

What a guy.

Other than that, it was an alright second half with a good outcome. I think we were spoilt with the first 15 so I felt a bit deflated until that old homeless chap came out to Metalingus.

Edited by Frankie Crisp

• Paid Members
55 minutes ago, Frankie Crisp said:

Brock was unreal. Looked like he was having the time of his life. Thought he was going to make an arse of himself when he stumbled getting out of the ring to leg it at Elias, but he just about steadied himself. Thank Christ - imagine what an angry Lesnar would do to them after making a tit of himself.

Favourite part? When New Day and Rey were doing him over and he exploded off Big E’s back with the clothesline. Burst out laughing.

Oh, hang on. Did I say that was my favourite part? I meant second-favourite.

What a guy.

Fixed it

8FDDCF8B-A775-4B1E-8A39-0616ED62BAE0.gif

Edited by Hannibal Scorch