Royal Rumble 2020

tiger_rick

7 hours ago, TildeGuy~! said:

I’ve just whacked £50 on Brock Lesnar to NOT last the longest in the men’s Rumble at 4/5 with SkyBet, that’s printing money surely?

I’m still trying to figure out if Drew lasted longer then Brock

Edit:

Drew: 34 Minutes

Brock: 27 Minutes 

Thank fuck for that

Edited by TildeGuy~!

For a minute there...

On 1/10/2018 at 1:31 AM, Simpo said:

It'd be impossible to book, but I can't get the idea out of my head of someone having a "perfect game" to use baseball/bowling terminology, and eliminating everybody else themselves. Especially if it was somebody popular with the crowd, they'd start to notice what was going on, and could create a memorable rising atmosphere. Even if somebody managed to eliminate ~20, and obliterate the record, that would be a great story in itself.

The massive challenge would be not making everyone else look piss weak. I just think there's so much unexplored opportunities with this unique match, coupled with it being such a long-running format that could encourage poking and prodding at the booking format. Really do some mad stuff.

Very much enjoyed Brock Lesnar saying "Who's this motherfucker?" when Keith Lee came out.

Edited by Simpo

The men’s Rumble was brilliant, and I enjoyed the women’s Rumble quite a bit too until the ending. I suspect we’ll somehow end up with Charlotte/Ronda/Becky for the second year in a row. Given how heelish Charlotte was in her post-match promo, I just can’t see her going after Bayley. And Charlotte/Becky would be a bizarre choice for Wrestlemania, when Shayna is out there (that’s not to say it won’t happen)

Edge’s return have me goosebumps, I know a lot of people on here aren’t particularly bothered about him but he’s one of my all-time favourites, and I would have been completely fine with him winning this match. As it stands, I suspect we’ll get either Styles/Edge at ‘Mania, or Rollins and his crew vs Rated RKO, Joe and Owens.

Whatever happens, I hope Edge gets to win another world title in the coming year, and he’s not treated in the same way that some other returning legends have been in recent years (The Hardys, RVD and even Cena come to mind here)

Edited by RedRooster

• Paid Members

The men's rumble was awesome, really pleased they did something so fun and memorable. 

I love Brock and the way his matches feel rare and special but seeing him mix it up with so many different opponents was as good as it gets, I loved his run in that first half. Edge was coming back was a nice surprise, enjoyed the use of his history with Orton and Brock/Shelton too. 

I also loved the women's rumble, I had to pinch myself when I saw Kelly Kelly facing off against Charlotte and Mighty Molly turn up, it was like I'd fallen asleep and had a dream where I was booking the show.

What was up with the back of Beth Phoenix's head? She looked like JFK.

• Paid Members

Really, really enjoyed both Rumbles. Good mix of surprises and interwoven stories with Lesnar doing a great job particularly. 

The direction and camera work was fucking atrocious though. Their need to switch angle every 1.5 seconds made everything so dizzying and hard to follow and they missed Edge's first spear back looking for some knobber in the crowd. Idiots.

Echo the love for the 'Rumble matches. Edge looked like a proper star. His trying to be manic but about to burst into tears face is still hilarious, though. 

pjimage-2020-01-26T215926.635-696x392.jp

I really liked that opening brawl between Reigns and Corbin as well, actually. They done quite the lap of the crowd. Not the most hardcore thing ever, but it's an attempt at something a bit different and a bit rawer, and I appreciated it. Roman's great. Despite the big boos he initially gets, everyone invariably cheers him anyway for the big "put the heel in the loo" spot, which was a good bit of fun. 

The baseball fields are great for the 'Rumble as well. Bigger than your average arena but not as lit up like a Vegas strip as WrestleMania. It's given the event its own look. I wish they went back to that roman look they done in 2006 and a few years ago when Triple H won it. Suits it way more. 

Edited by Gay as FOOK

• Paid Members
25 minutes ago, King Pitcos said:

The women's one was a bit problematic. Harlot didn't need another win, and Vince using Santino to take an unnecessary potshot at AEW and Nyla Rose was uncalled for.

I didn't really think about AEW tbh. Just a funny spot with the built in Beth Phoenix connection.

Completely expected Charlotte to win so that wasn't an issue either. I just thought it was well timed, nothing outstayed it's welcome and the action was good. Men's rumble was far more memorable but both enyoyable.

That spot with Otis laying on the floor was the greatest in Rumble history though.

• Paid Members

Echo the men's rumble (I predicted two of the final 3 to win, so I was chuffed). Glad they pulled the trigger on him. The camera work at times was awful though.

@Bellenda Carlisle She was doing a spot on the top turn buckle with Bianca and she punched her, she whipped back to far and cracked her head on the video ring post. You can hear the thud.

Rest of the card was fine (not watched the strap match yet), Bayley and Lacey was the worst so far for me. Just boring. But best Rumble matches for a while (even though I thought the end of the woman's one was a let down).