2020 Celebrity Death Thread

seph

• Paid Members

I'm finding it somewhat calming coming in here and reading just how much people loved Van Halen. It's been hard trying to explain to people I know why it matters as much to me because they don't follow the same music tastes etc so having a place where I can read what the band and Eddie meant to people is helping. 

Genuinely spent most of last night crying, was a very weird experience. I don't know if it's exhaustion or stress that's adding to it but it hit me like a bullet when I read it and I've struggled to get out of bed today. All very surreal for someone I didn't actually know. 

Van Halen were always a brilliant yet odd band for me. Everyone loves the Diamond Dave era, but I'm absolutely more into the Hagar era material. Great band and also what a superbly brilliant name. Always really liked 'Why Can't This Be Love?' but obviously Jump is a classic and fair fucks that most people know that song. That synth riff is absolutely set in stone.

2 minutes ago, Chili said:

Great band and also what a superbly brilliant name

On Facebook, someone I know had the status RIP Eddie From Fetch. Didn’t have a clue what they meant until I saw it had been auto translated. 

• Awards Moderator
10 hours ago, Shy Dad said:

I'm finding it somewhat calming coming in here and reading just how much people loved Van Halen. It's been hard trying to explain to people I know why it matters as much to me because they don't follow the same music tastes etc so having a place where I can read what the band and Eddie meant to people is helping. 

Genuinely spent most of last night crying, was a very weird experience. I don't know if it's exhaustion or stress that's adding to it but it hit me like a bullet when I read it and I've struggled to get out of bed today. All very surreal for someone I didn't actually know. 

Here’s a short thread to make you smile.