The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

• Awards Moderator
2 hours ago, The King of Old School said:

Black or Andrade would have been great opponents for BOTB, but they are about as credible as Joey Janela now.

Malakai will be fine. All he needs is the lights-out-sudden-appearance and to kick a top star's head off, and he'd be back to the level he was immediately. He's the kind of character it takes seconds rather than weeks to build back up. 

Edited by HarmonicGenerator

• Paid Members

I was kind of expecting ratings to go down a bit for a while. Full Gear was a great pay-off, but it was also a natural jumping-off point. If anything, it's a good argument for an off-season (although plenty of arguments against that).

3 minutes ago, Chris B said:

I was kind of expecting ratings to go down a bit for a while. Full Gear was a great pay-off, but it was also a natural jumping-off point. If anything, it's a good argument for an off-season (although plenty of arguments against that).

The nitpicking over the ratings that happens online is so extreme. 3rd November they did .33 / 878,000 and this week they did .31 / 861,000. That's 17,000 people and i've also seen Brandon Thurston & Showbuzz Daily have a difference in the demo based on a difference in how they round their numbers.

Yet it's all "lowest rating since May" and "down from Thanksgiving!".

Its December. A lot of original network and cable shows are going into hiatus for the holiday break. I actually think there's a benefit when there's decent shows on TV and regular season games as it can mean more people watching TV that night. Which leads to more channel flipping that bumps everyone up. It's only News and Playoffs that significantly hive off an audience. As they search out other coverage of those events to stay up to date rather than look for distractions during breaks.

That they are live on west coast when people are still getting home is having an impact, the move to TBS will see a “bump” when west coast are back on a delay and watching at 8pm their time 

• Paid Members

Imagine wanting Hangman to lose the belt. Need to have a word with yourself @Supremo

On one hand I definitely enjoyed this show much more than others - Wardlow, Gunn Club Vs Sting and Darby, and the main event - really enjoyed all of that. There was something 'off' as others have put it though, and I think that was the constant din in the background, like watching TV in the kitchen with the extractor fan on. 

Thought the main event was a pile of fun. Glorious madness. 

On 12/3/2021 at 11:57 AM, HarmonicGenerator said:

A highlight of this week's show I just remembered. PAC with an eyepatch. Made him look an even madder, more dangerous bastard.

All I could picture when I saw that was PJ from Byker Grove after he got shot in the eyes with that paintball gun.. 

I canny seeeeeeee

• Paid Members
10 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

That promo between Lio Rush and Team Taz was a bit rough wasn’t it. There was a danger of hearing the guy in Row Z sneeze

I didn't help that Leo was referencing something that had been said on commentary, so the crowd didn't really know what he was talking about. 

16 hours ago, gmoney said:

I didn't help that Leo was referencing something that had been said on commentary, so the crowd didn't really know what he was talking about. 

That segment and the Hangman Danielson confrontation both had vibes of two people who got different drafts of the script. The reveal that Hangman and Danielson couldn't make contact felt like an announcement had been botched, as if we'd missed a week where the two got out of hand. Lio kept trying to go back to some NXT-style blurb he'd rehearsed, but Tazz kept cutting him off to get the segment wrapped up. Shame, because the rest of the show was pretty damn good.

I adore Hangman and in no way want him to lose the title any time soon but he's such an understated character that I can see some people being a bit "eh?" about him. I think there may be some that expected to him be more firey and energetic or whatever after gaining his confidence back and grabbing the title, but he's just too real.

Edited by Merzbow