Awards Moderator HarmonicGenerator Posted December 3, 2021 Awards Moderator Posted December 3, 2021 (edited) 2 hours ago, The King of Old School said: Black or Andrade would have been great opponents for BOTB, but they are about as credible as Joey Janela now. Malakai will be fine. All he needs is the lights-out-sudden-appearance and to kick a top star's head off, and he'd be back to the level he was immediately. He's the kind of character it takes seconds rather than weeks to build back up. Edited December 3, 2021 by HarmonicGenerator
The King Of Swing Posted December 3, 2021 Posted December 3, 2021 (edited) Jose is a top lad for helping Arn. Edited December 3, 2021 by The King Of Swing
69MeDon Posted December 3, 2021 Posted December 3, 2021 (edited) The funniest part of Arn's fall was how Jose was throwing his punch just as Arn fell. It looked hilarious. The rating wasn't great this week. Poor Cody. Edited December 3, 2021 by 69MeDon
Awards Moderator HarmonicGenerator Posted December 3, 2021 Awards Moderator Posted December 3, 2021 A highlight of this week's show I just remembered. PAC with an eyepatch. Made him look an even madder, more dangerous bastard.
Paid Members Chris B Posted December 3, 2021 Paid Members Posted December 3, 2021 I was kind of expecting ratings to go down a bit for a while. Full Gear was a great pay-off, but it was also a natural jumping-off point. If anything, it's a good argument for an off-season (although plenty of arguments against that).
Infinity Land Posted December 3, 2021 Posted December 3, 2021 3 minutes ago, Chris B said: I was kind of expecting ratings to go down a bit for a while. Full Gear was a great pay-off, but it was also a natural jumping-off point. If anything, it's a good argument for an off-season (although plenty of arguments against that). The nitpicking over the ratings that happens online is so extreme. 3rd November they did .33 / 878,000 and this week they did .31 / 861,000. That's 17,000 people and i've also seen Brandon Thurston & Showbuzz Daily have a difference in the demo based on a difference in how they round their numbers. Yet it's all "lowest rating since May" and "down from Thanksgiving!". Its December. A lot of original network and cable shows are going into hiatus for the holiday break. I actually think there's a benefit when there's decent shows on TV and regular season games as it can mean more people watching TV that night. Which leads to more channel flipping that bumps everyone up. It's only News and Playoffs that significantly hive off an audience. As they search out other coverage of those events to stay up to date rather than look for distractions during breaks.
Paid Members quote the raven Posted December 3, 2021 Paid Members Posted December 3, 2021 That picture of cody back looks like something Ian rotton would be proud of. They will still boo the crap out of him once he gets medically cleared to wrestle that is...
Guest Posted December 3, 2021 Posted December 3, 2021 That they are live on west coast when people are still getting home is having an impact, the move to TBS will see a “bump” when west coast are back on a delay and watching at 8pm their time
Paid Members WeeAl Posted December 3, 2021 Paid Members Posted December 3, 2021 Imagine wanting Hangman to lose the belt. Need to have a word with yourself @Supremo! On one hand I definitely enjoyed this show much more than others - Wardlow, Gunn Club Vs Sting and Darby, and the main event - really enjoyed all of that. There was something 'off' as others have put it though, and I think that was the constant din in the background, like watching TV in the kitchen with the extractor fan on. Thought the main event was a pile of fun. Glorious madness.
King of Hamptons Posted December 4, 2021 Posted December 4, 2021 On 12/3/2021 at 11:57 AM, HarmonicGenerator said: A highlight of this week's show I just remembered. PAC with an eyepatch. Made him look an even madder, more dangerous bastard. All I could picture when I saw that was PJ from Byker Grove after he got shot in the eyes with that paintball gun.. I canny seeeeeeee
WyattSheepMask Posted December 4, 2021 Posted December 4, 2021 That promo between Lio Rush and Team Taz was a bit rough wasn’t it. There was a danger of hearing the guy in Row Z sneeze
Paid Members gmoney Posted December 4, 2021 Paid Members Posted December 4, 2021 10 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said: That promo between Lio Rush and Team Taz was a bit rough wasn’t it. There was a danger of hearing the guy in Row Z sneeze I didn't help that Leo was referencing something that had been said on commentary, so the crowd didn't really know what he was talking about.
Paid Members WeeAl Posted December 5, 2021 Paid Members Posted December 5, 2021 I'd forgotten about that promo. What a bag of shite that was.
CavemanLynn Posted December 5, 2021 Posted December 5, 2021 16 hours ago, gmoney said: I didn't help that Leo was referencing something that had been said on commentary, so the crowd didn't really know what he was talking about. That segment and the Hangman Danielson confrontation both had vibes of two people who got different drafts of the script. The reveal that Hangman and Danielson couldn't make contact felt like an announcement had been botched, as if we'd missed a week where the two got out of hand. Lio kept trying to go back to some NXT-style blurb he'd rehearsed, but Tazz kept cutting him off to get the segment wrapped up. Shame, because the rest of the show was pretty damn good.
Merzbow Posted December 5, 2021 Posted December 5, 2021 (edited) I adore Hangman and in no way want him to lose the title any time soon but he's such an understated character that I can see some people being a bit "eh?" about him. I think there may be some that expected to him be more firey and energetic or whatever after gaining his confidence back and grabbing the title, but he's just too real. Edited December 5, 2021 by Merzbow
Recommended Posts