dopper Posted December 8, 2021 Posted December 8, 2021 It's been 4 months (18th August) since the Young Bucks last had a regular rules 2 vs 2 tag match. I've enjoyed some of their multi-man anything goes matches since then, and the cage match at Full Gear was great. But the brutal combination of Nick, Matt & Rick Knox had to get back to doing what they do worst eventually I suppose. The streak ends tonight.
TheLoon Posted December 9, 2021 Posted December 9, 2021 Taz was tonight's highlight by a mile. Him and Cole were decent back in the day, but who'd have thought he'd evolve into this decade's Bobby Heenan 20 years later? He's amazing at making things like "Guess what dummies" and "Lawyers suck" sound hilarious and his flipping out over Dante's face turn reminded me of The Brain going ape when Hennig turned on Flair in '92. Hope JR beats the cancer of course, but the commentary will only take a hit once Mr FTW steps out again.
Paid Members I Bent My Wookie Posted December 9, 2021 Paid Members Posted December 9, 2021 I started Dynamite genuinely quite sad because I'd read an interview extract from Trent earlier in the week saying "there isn't even any rehab" with regards to his neck surgery which had been presented in a way that he wasn't gonna be able to compete for a long while yet. When the music started up and that van turned up I'm unashamed to admit I cheered. I bloody love the Best Friends and really enjoy Trents work and he looks 100x better with the shaved head. Silver had a fantastic showing against Danielson. Biggest letdown for me was how bad that backstage segment was with TayJay/Ruby and Nyla and the HFO. Who just stands there when two people come running at you with chairs? Who just stands there with a chair in hand when your two biggest enemies of late are an arms length away doing nothing? Just a really badly executed segment. Taz on commentary is wonderful and I'm as ready as most of social media is for Hooks debut Friday night.
Paid Members Hannibal Scorch Posted December 9, 2021 Paid Members Posted December 9, 2021 38 minutes ago, Louch said: SUE!!!!! the “IT’S SuuuuuuuuuuE” cracked me up. I didn’t really care for the opening promo. If I wanted a dull opening promo, I’d watch Raw. Credit to the MJF video. Made him look big time in his hometown. The rumble is what you come to expect. The Dante Martin situation is interesting. First turns on Lio, now Team Taz. Wonder what the plan is? Tags we’re fine, but again didn’t care for the Black angle with the Blondes. Also what was going on with the Kingston backstage beat down? Couldn’t hear anything, looked badly filmed as well. Nice tease on an LAX reunion though. enjoyed Hayder/Rhio and Bryan/Silver though. Not a complete dud, but Winter is Coming next week will hopefully be a massive step up. Anyone else notice the Cody tease?
RedRooster Posted December 9, 2021 Posted December 9, 2021 Well, that came out of nowhere. With the line-up they'd announced, I didn't expect for a second that this episode of Dynamite would end up being as fun as it was. Once again, CM Punk was outstanding. Anyone who thinks his return has been a failure baffles me - he's been involved in almost all of the most memorable moments of 2021 in AEW; he's far surpassed my expectations. He was hilarious tonight, and MJF's performance in the Battle Royale, opportunistically attacking people before milking the cheers, was brilliant. It'll be interesting to see how the crowd reacts to Punk next time he's in Long Island, after that segment. Echo @TheLoon's comments on Taz, he was brilliant on commentary all night, he always is. He's great fun, and his enthusiasm and general antics make shows much more enjoyable to watch. He's excellent. Trent's return was a nice surprise, as was Sue's appearance. Winter is Coming also looks like it'll be a very strong show. I wonder if we're going to see a big debut, like we did last year with Sting?
Factotum Posted December 9, 2021 Posted December 9, 2021 Has Bryan had a bad match since coming to AEW? The man is phenomenal. Put the belt on him, I don't care.
Infinity Land Posted December 9, 2021 Posted December 9, 2021 16 minutes ago, RedRooster said: Winter is Coming also looks like it'll be a very strong show. I wonder if we're going to see a big debut, like we did last year with Sting? I don't know if it would counted as a big debut, although anything would fail in comparison to Sting. It does feel like they put Winter Is Coming next week due to Kyle O'Reilly and Johnny Gargano. I don't think either counts as particularly big. As i'm not really a fan of either, but you know O'Reilly at least would be tied up in the Elite/Undisputed Era angle that's being teased.
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted December 9, 2021 Paid Members Posted December 9, 2021 16 minutes ago, Factotum said: Has Bryan had a bad match No. I think literally every match had a post match beatdown this week. They've got to start going easy on that shit.
Guest Posted December 9, 2021 Posted December 9, 2021 I enjoyed the show, it had its lulls but enough I liked. Punk going full on going at Long Island was fun. MJF looked genuinely enjoying his moment of being loved by the crowd. He’s got a babyface run in him some day. I hope Kingston getting to tag with Santana and Ortiz puts pick a side tension on inner circle when Jericho returns. Kingston works better with a mate than just him alone I’m still popping for Sue turning up. Its just fucking fun to know when a mum in a minivan turns up, shit goes down. Wish they would hurry up with what the CHAOS Story is, presume it was them going to the Dome shows, but maybe the new covid changes in Japan have changed that Tazz is just fantastic, he can do everything. the Dante story is rushed as hell, even worse is his face only has one expression so he wasn’t conveying anything re being happy or sad that he did it Danielson is such a dick. He better have it coming for him next week from our handsome cowboy I watched this 7-9 this morning and at 11 I’m struggling to remember much else to talk about. A mixed show
BrodyGraham Posted December 9, 2021 Posted December 9, 2021 I'll not accept any (entirely justified and reasonable) criticism of that Ruby Soho segment purely because I laugh out loud every time Nyla does her 'Surprise, Bitch!', schtick. I also laughed out loud at the Malakai Black bit, although I suspect I wasn't meant to.
Keith Houchen Posted December 9, 2021 Posted December 9, 2021 2 hours ago, Louch said: SUE!!!!! They’ve signed yet another sex pest? Thought he’d stay at Man Utd for longer to be honest.
DavidB6937 Posted December 9, 2021 Posted December 9, 2021 2 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said: the “IT’S SuuuuuuuuuuE” cracked me up. I've watched that like 25 times this morning. Nothing else matters. Sue wins.
Guest Posted December 9, 2021 Posted December 9, 2021 When Sue is getting in the ring it sounded like they where playing a promo, took a bit to realise it was Rockys music being played for no reason
The King Of Swing Posted December 9, 2021 Posted December 9, 2021 Enjoyable show but big filler vibes throughout imo which is fine by me. Really enjoyed Riho/Hayter and Danielson/Silver. Battle Royal was the low point for me, thought it was pretty shit tbh. Agree that the Dante stuff feels rushed to fuck. Makes me wonder if plans have changed. Punk's promo had it's moments but dragged on. Tag matches were fine. HOOK IN RING DEBUT INCOMING. Taz for commentater of the year. Feels like a bit of a drop for Black but we'll see where it goes I guess. Really missing Mox. Hope he's doing well.
Recommended Posts