Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted
2 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

As someone who knows very little about the Briscoes, whats the story here? I’m assuming there’s controversy that I’m unaware of?

Homophobic racists.

Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

As someone who knows very little about the Briscoes, whats the story here? I’m assuming there’s controversy that I’m unaware of?

They've spent their careers wrapped up in the Confederate flag and playing up the Good Ole Boys imagery that goes with it. Their home state of Delaware not being a state in the Confederacy.

Jay gets most of the criticism due as there's the most evidence of him actually believing those views. The homophobic tweet that got the most attention:

 

Spoiler

https://www.pwtorch.com/artman2/uploads/6/IMG_3016.png

It's only a gimmick though /s

Edited by Infinity Land
  • Paid Members
Posted

Put the Acclaimed over them clean as a whistle and let Castor rap whatever the heck he wants about them. Do it on PPV. 

Posted

I’d expect it to be on the ROH mania show than in AEW

Posted
21 minutes ago, Louch said:

I’d expect it to be on the ROH mania show than in AEW

Maybe for the blowoff match but there would be plenty of them on AEW TV beforehand.

Posted
1 hour ago, Louch said:

I’d expect it to be on the ROH mania show than in AEW

That's 4 months away, and no guarantee it will happen. With how RoH is restructuring they might not be back. They're already in with GCW

  • Paid Members
Posted
2 hours ago, Joe Blog said:

Put them in a sack with Jay Lethal and throw them into the sea. 

Shame JR isn't aroundat the moment.

Posted
1 hour ago, Merzbow said:

Maybe for the blowoff match but there would be plenty of them on AEW TV beforehand.

 

58 minutes ago, Infinity Land said:

That's 4 months away, and no guarantee it will happen. With how RoH is restructuring they might not be back. They're already in with GCW

If they wanted to set up a match for AEW, the confrontation would be on AEW. khan ain’t relying on his million ish viewers a week watching Final Battle to start a feud 

Posted

Why do I feel as though Bray Wyatt is turning up at Winter Is Coming?

Theres been nothing to suggest that he is and I don’t know if it’s because of Sting turning up last year or not, but I’ve just this feeling that they’re looking to have some sort of big debut

Posted
11 minutes ago, Louch said:

 

If they wanted to set up a match for AEW, the confrontation would be on AEW. khan ain’t relying on his million ish viewers a week watching Final Battle to start a feud 

The set up from an AEW fans point of view will be when a random to them tag team confronts FTR and the commentary team explains what's going on. No different than how they've debuted numerous other talents with history but nothing to do with AEW.

We've just had weeks of Rocky Romero on TV and trying explain the history of CHAOS to people.

Posted
29 minutes ago, Infinity Land said:

The set up from an AEW fans point of view will be when a random to them tag team confronts FTR and the commentary team explains what's going on. No different than how they've debuted numerous other talents with history but nothing to do with AEW.

We've just had weeks of Rocky Romero on TV and trying explain the history of CHAOS to people.

They haven’t started any feuds on say GCW or even Impact and brought them to aew tho. What the wrestlers go off and do on their weekends is left as just that. If it’s meant for AEW, it starts on AEW tv 

Posted
34 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Why do I feel as though Bray Wyatt is turning up at Winter Is Coming?

Theres been nothing to suggest that he is and I don’t know if it’s because of Sting turning up last year or not, but I’ve just this feeling that they’re looking to have some sort of big debut

From Khan on Rasslin podcast this week, the rest of the year is big matches, with TBS launch mentioned as being when their will be surprises which I’d take as debuts  

Posted
32 minutes ago, Louch said:

They haven’t started any feuds on say GCW or even Impact and brought them to aew tho. What the wrestlers go off and do on their weekends is left as just that. If it’s meant for AEW, it starts on AEW tv 

FTR haven't worked any indy dates since signing. That's not what that is. This all started with the news of RoH shutting down and people becoming free agents. As is the way of things these days, FTR essentially called out the Briscoes. The Briscoes have mates in AEW and were backstage the other week this has been in the works.

This isn't about FTR getting some extra cash from a company that's not running any shows for 4 months and maybe never will again. It's the first physical interaction of a feud that will play out on AEW TV for the benefit of AEW. Then hopefully end rather than seeing the Briscoes become #AllElite.

 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...