The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, mim731 said:

So is the "giant" actually Shaquille O'Neill? Or is this supposed to be some sort of swerve? I couldn't tell (when admittedly bleary-eyed and feeding a baby at silly o clock this morning, so may have missed a crucial detail) whether they were alluding to it being the real Shaq but not confirming or it's a misdirect.

Shaq was backstage at Full Gear so yeah it looks like it's the real deal. NBA season starts in December and Shaq is on TNT's top basketball programming so it looks like it's a cross promotion type thing.

12 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

If it’s Shaq managing Hobbs, I’m in. If it’s Shaq getting in the ring, I’ll pass

I imagine what we'll get based on last night's angle will be Cody/Brandi vs. Shaq/Jade Cargill, keeping Shaq's time in the ring to a minimum. 

1 hour ago, poetofthedeed said:

Yeah, good idea, let brandi carry the match........ 

Not really sure how to respond to this slightly strange response other than to point out I'm not fantasy booking here, I'm looking at the way they booked that angle and making an assessment as to why they chose to get Cargill and Brandi involved. 

I can't imagine they'll want Cody to take a pinfall to Shaq if indeed he's going to wrestle. I also can't imagine Shaq will take that many bumps, and it's going to be a tough match to book given the size difference. 

The likely workaround? A tag match. Possibly on the December 2nd Dynamite, making this an even bigger show than it is already.

Edited by RedRooster

While I’m sure Moxley’s promo was decent, we’ll never know for sure because cause cause cause everything thing thing thing has a massive echo echo after it it it it it

That Cody segment was fucking rotten. Had to google who the hell Jade Cargill was and who she must be friends with, turns out she’s a student of QT Marshall.

I was hoping for a second when the show started that they had a new theme song, but no, sane shitty one. The new onscreen graphics looked nice though

Edited by WyattSheepMask

56 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

He's been teaching people?! Fucking hell.

Yeah, he's the main teacher of most of their local students, I think. He was certainly feeding AEW jobbers while they were in his garage at the start of lockdown. One of the Nightmare Family (ugh) posted an Insta vid of Brandi running through a ludicrous indy sequence with QT - all shuffling feet, lead thigh slapping, staring at incoming strikes that still missed, and blank-eyed overselling, all habits that should absolutely NOT be present in a senior trainer, even at drill level.

• Paid Members

Why the fuck they had Scorpio Sky and Shawn Spears on the show and left off Lance Archer, Jurassic Express, Page, Dark Order, Britt Baker etc. is a mystery and someone needs to tell Tony Khan that TV time is precious, not to be wasted on scrubs. Likewise QT Marshall should not be winning matches on TV.

That Cody segment was the drizzling shits. Absolutely terrible. 

The new opening isn't good. I loved all the explosions of colour, this new one is too generic for my liking.

I enjoyed everything else. The MJF/Inner Circle stuff was really funny and I'm excited about the Vegas shenanigans. Sammy being left out and given a coach seat is perfect. And Wardlow and Hager looking like they constantly want to murder eachother is the icing on the cake.

When Jade turned up, I thought they were going to do a is Cody cheating on Brandi storyline which tbh sounds more interesting than a Cody/Shaq match. 

The Inner Circle/MJF stuff is only behind Roman as the best thing in wrestling right now. 

Fenix/Penta was awesome. Splitting is the best thing they can do. Penta can be a vicious heel and Fenix can do the cool face stuff. 

Not the best show but a million times better than that awful NXT show

Scorpio Sky almost seems worthless at this point, after them pushing him as one of the next stars he's been dossing around doing nothing and looked like shit last night (sweet af tights aside). That whole fued with Spears is sub Cutler v Avalon Dark material.

Loved the shit out of that main event, Eddie on commentary and everything after it. Having The Bastard back is great.

Edited by Merzbow

• Paid Members

I don’t understand how the audio issues are somehow getting worse. Usually, they at least figure it out five to ten seconds in and switch the arena feed off. It happening throughout the entirety of Mox’s promo, they might as well have not even aired it. Absolutely no idea what he said. Sounded like a man trapped in a dream, unable to get help. A complete mess of a segment.

Edited by Supremo