The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

Cage was never gonna be much on his own but he rounds out Team Tazz quite nice as the muscle. Agree they could be doing more with Starks. He's the most exciting prospect in all of wrestling for me, and I don't even watch Dark. Every time he's on screen I can't help but get wrapped up in his presence. I absolutely bloody hate (love) him.

Yeah I've never really got Brian Cage before and his AEW run isn't convincing me otherwise. Starks on the other hand really feels like a decent future prospect but I think that'll take time, which is fine as they've got plenty of talent on board. We have to accept that AEW is still a fresh company and does need to build future stars as well as all the guys they've got at the moment.

• Paid Members

Starks was pretty good in the NWA. Came across as a bit early-Rocky Maivia-lite, but nevertheless has a great look, good athleticism, and a fair bit of charisma. If he keeps going the way he has, he should be a big star.

Kingston and Moxley were incredible. Everything he said about wwe fucking him up was obviously true.

Miro is shit. What a huge disappointment. I think I’d rather he just stayed on twitch and didn’t wrestle again if this is what he wants to do on national tv. If he hasn’t turned on Kip and gone on a solo killing spree by the end of the year then he and management are morons.

39 minutes ago, Yakashi said:

Kingston and Moxley were incredible. Everything he said about wwe fucking him up was obviously true.

Miro is shit. What a huge disappointment. I think I’d rather he just stayed on twitch and didn’t wrestle again if this is what he wants to do on national tv. If he hasn’t turned on Kip and gone on a solo killing spree by the end of the year then he and management are morons.

Miro's come in at a tough time. There's so much going on in the company. I wouldn't mind him below main event level if he was doing something half decent and bubbling under the surface. But at this rate he's just being wasted and I feel like he needs something to remind everyone of why they were behind him so much before. If they carry on how they are at the moment it'll be really tough to get him back to the level he deserves.

• Paid Members

Really surprised to read these comments about Miro. I thought this week was his best outing yet. Really fun TV match with Trent and you get the sense that he’s in a similar position to Fenix, Pentagon, LAX and the rest of them. Guys simmering for now but who obviously have the potential to have their big moment in the spotlight. The way they were putting him over on commentary suggests they’ve got big plans for him down the line. Jericho in particular put him over huge.

I almost hate to admit it considering what a complete melt he is in real life, but Jericho was amazing on commentary all night. Really funny lines and great interaction with Schiavone, there’s no arguing that for what a stupid knobhead he is on Twitter he’s got some of the best instincts in the business for being both entertaining and getting everything over.

I can’t even comprehend how good the Countdown special is going to be. Fifteen to twenty minutes dedicated to this Kingston/Mox thing? They’re going to win an Emmy.

Edited by Supremo

4 hours ago, Mr Butternut Squash said:

Even my wrestling hating five year old finally dropped the PS4 pad and was transfixed by the Eddie Kingston segment.

Do many kids watch wrestling these days?
It seemed unfathomable at one point to think that there are kids who don't watch wrestling but it doesn't seem to be the 'thing' nowadays.

15 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

Do many kids watch wrestling these days?
It seemed unfathomable at one point to think that there are kids who don't watch wrestling but it doesn't seem to be the 'thing' nowadays.

Some but not many definitely. Isn’t WWEs average viewer age about 57 and AEW, for all the 18-49 demo touting that goes on, has an average in the mid 40s? I’m pretty sure that was reported but can’t be 100%.

It’s mad to think there’s hardly any kids like us walking around in t shirts anymore. I haven’t seen a wrestling shirt outside of an arena in close to twenty years and I live in Manchester. When I was a kid in a small north east town I’d see a 3:16 t shirt several times a week and at least 10 kids in my class watched it.

Fuck knows where the business will be when the 40+ crowd die off or stop watching because neither company is making any new fans.

23 minutes ago, Yakashi said:

Some but not many definitely. Isn’t WWEs average viewer age about 57 and AEW, for all the 18-49 demo touting that goes on, has an average in the mid 40s? I’m pretty sure that was reported but can’t be 100%.

It’s mad to think there’s hardly any kids like us walking around in t shirts anymore. I haven’t seen a wrestling shirt outside of an arena in close to twenty years and I live in Manchester. When I was a kid in a small north east town I’d see a 3:16 t shirt several times a week and at least 10 kids in my class watched it.

Fuck knows where the business will be when the 40+ crowd die off or stop watching because neither company is making any new fans.

Is it perhaps more down to how younger people consume media? They’re much more likely to use a streaming service or consume clips on YouTube meaning that  ratings alone aren’t the most useful way of measuring their interest.

2 hours ago, RedRooster said:

Is it perhaps more down to how younger people consume media? They’re much more likely to use a streaming service or consume clips on YouTube meaning that  ratings alone aren’t the most useful way of measuring their interest.

Yeah but they're not even doing that.

I know so many people in their 20s and 30s who, wven if they werent fans, go 'I remember...' whatever. 

I have friends whose kids now have never seen wrestling and it just seems mad to someone who grew up in the early 90s WWF boom where everyone in the playground watched wrestling or knew about wrestling. 

23 hours ago, BomberPat said:

I can't see Kingston winning, but I also can't see them actually having him say "I Quit". I don't want them to Mankind/The Rock their way out of it, but I think they have to find a way to protect Kingston, and keep up his righteous indignation of being overlooked or screwed over when he feels he has the moral high ground. It's become such a driving force for his character. 

I can see them doing the spike in the eye deal like the Tully/Magnum match

The card for Full Gear in Saturday is super stacked, even with Pac, Penta, Fenix, Brodie Lee, Archer, Santana, Ortiz and Hager, all on the bench. 

AEW Title Match - I Quit Match - Jon Moxley (c) vs. Eddie Kingston

Number 1 contender match - "Hangman" Adam Page vs. Kenny Omega 

TNT Title - Cody Rhodes (c) vs. Darby Allin 

Tag Title Match - FTR (Cash Wheeler and Dax Harwood) (c) vs. The Young Bucks (Matt Jackson and Nick Jackson) 

Elite Deletion - Matt Hardy vs. Sammy Guevara

Women's Title Match - Hikaru Shida (c) vs. Nyla Rose

Chris Jericho vs. MJF

Orange Cassidy vs. John Silver

They've done a great job of building this, women's title match aside. 

• Paid Members

I’m gutted that Kingston vs. Moxley is an I Quit match because it makes it a million times harder to fantasy book a Kingston Title win.

In a normal match, I would've loved Pac to return, tease costing Kingston the match, only to turn on Mox, giving Kingston the win, the belt and a new faction member. Death Triangle becomes Death Rectangle! 

Imagine four to six months of Mox going through Fenix, Pentagon and Pac to get his title back, with Kingston cutting all the promos with the belt! Heaven. 

Edited by Supremo