The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

Matt has definitely taken inspiration from the 3 faces of Foley. There isn't much about AEW I don't enjoy. I am with tiger rick in I really enjoy seeing their guys grow. 

The prospect of Jeff joining to reunite the Hardy Boyz with the matches on offer is great. 

Cody's TV title run is perfect for a time when there are no fans. Each week a new opponent without the need to build the feud. 

Orange Cassidy is really intriguing, MJF a great heel, Jungle boy seems to be getting better and better, Britt Baker the most entertaining woman in wrestling, 

Building guys up to face Moxley is great. Some of them could be built longer so that they are monsters by the time they face him. Brian Cage for instance picking up wins over some of the elite would come across as an absolute monster if he was to face him tail end of the year. I guess an early loss means they can rebuild them.

Archer will now be in the rebuild phase, though enhancement talent will help with this a great deal. 

It won't be long until some of the 90 day release clauses are up and that could offer them some new talent though you won't be able to bring them in to immediately lose to Mox. Loads of those will need rebuilding. 

I miss Pac though, i would love to see him as the horrible champion. Go on an undefeated run similar to the indies and Dragon Gate. Pac is a golden heel, a grade A heel.

One thing i like with AEW is how every character may have a video vignette at some point. Those videos of Archer destroying people was great, Darby Allins videos add a lot to his character, even the PAC one of him in a building the other day. Good way to keep people relevant whilst there is travel bans

13 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

Sounds good on paper but the reality is, outside the WWE environment, the Hardy's will want free reign to fuck about with nonsense like Willow and Broken Matt, and that's just their on-screen nonsense. They should be a great addition to AEW because of their name and Jeff being as good as anyone on his day. But they need to be strictly on a leash otherwise they'll just drag it down.

You're completely right, unfortunately. Even though AEW seems to have tightened up somewhat, clearly it's not been enough to reign Matt in to any watchable level. He'd probably debut as Brother Nero, and even the stuff that should be appealing would end up tanking. I'd love to see Darby Allen vs Jeff, for example, but in this environment the feud would almost certainly be built up entirely through 'high concept' vignettes, and there would be a serious risk of one or both wrestlers getting seriously injured during the match itself. It's a shame because, as you say, both Hardys should be a 'get' for the company. 

I think the Broken stuff, and Brother Nero would be good on Dark. It would attract an audience to that and it could also tie in to Dynamite on a smaller scale. 

Jeff is great on his day. He could have superb outings with Cage and Archer as he excels against monsters. A fun brawl with a stupid high spot with Mox, tag outings vs the Bucks, Lucha. 

And eventually a passing of the torch to Darby. Jeff could have a 2 year spell to finish off there.

Personally I'd love to see Heel RVD move from Impact to Dynamite. Probably as i love the clips of heel RVD, love the idea of him in a heel style, and watch dynamite whilst i don't watch Impact. 

• Paid Members

I thought it was a pretty good show.

Britt Baker was gold. The pulley to pass messages to Tony and then put him on friend zone time out was brilliant. 

All 3 tag matches were enjoyable but far too long. Bucks and Page/Kenny should have made much swifter work of their opponents. Both could have had their time cut in half and added a good old fashioned squash match to the show. Page continues to be a sexy bastard who throws cracking clotheslines.

Justin Roberts is back. Fuck off Justin Roberts. 

Abandon looks great and genuinely disturbing. The flow from that match to the two Dark Order angles was really natural and intriguing. This Dark Order thing is slowly starting to work I think.

Starks/Cody was really fun. Starks was impressive, has he signed or was this a one off?

Loved MJF/Billy and great brawl with Jurassic Express at the end.

Chuck Taylor shouldn't be on TV. Looks like absolute dog shit out there.

The AEW roster is absolutely stacked at the moment. Archer, PnP, Darby Allin and SCU don't really have anything going on at the moment, there are under card guys like Sonny Kiss, Suge D and Private Party that should have some stuff going on. Guys like Shawn Spears meandering. Death Triangle will hopefully be back soon. Too much talent is a good problem to have but I wish they would stop giving TV time to shitarses like Jimmy Havoc.

Orange/Jericho has delivered so far. Really looking forward to their match. 

4 hours ago, tiger_rick said:

Imagine comparing them leaving him a bloody mess last week to that shit dog food angle WWE did

Trolls gonna' troll.

Edited by LaGoosh

• Paid Members

Cool. First time I've seen him. He looks like he knows what he's doing.

I know there was talk of a second TNT show. Maybe they're bulking up the roster in preparation? Hopefully it's a Saturday morning kids show type of thing. Would be really good for getting a new audience and promoting acts like Jurassic Express and Darby Allin.

Edited by LaGoosh

To be fair Hager standing stock still like some kind of monolithic Proud Boy is about 50% of the work they did to rehab his character, so fair fucks to em. But to echo the above comment it was a few, very short, cut aways of the challenger for the belt at the next big show to reinforce that he's there in the background. I noticed them, but they at least they fit the story they're telling, rather than just random cutaways to The Librarians or whoever else was in the crowd.

• Paid Members

Of all the pro-wrestling in all of the world, there’s nothing that needs a crowd as much as Chris Jericho vs. Orange Cassidy. I understand they can’t wait forever for fans to return, but man. Just imagine.

• Paid Members

Happy to see Ricky Starks on the big stage, just wish I was still watching it to see. I watched the clip and it's just so miserable without a crowd still.