The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

• Paid Members

Just upto the Arn/Jake segment. I thought it was a real treat to watch two masters of the promo bouncing off each other. It's a shame that Jake is an absolute train wreck in real life, as he could have been a huge asset in teaching the trainees how to structure a promo and play off the crowd during a match(and not just taking money off random UKFF's to sit and watch VHS tapes!).

Edited by Cod Eye

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, quote the raven said:

At what stage do they get penta to turn on his brother and push him to the moon as a heel? 

Also interesting reading how they are dealing with covid

https://uproxx.com/prowrestling/cody-aew-coronavirus-test-measures/

This is underwhelming. Considering the amount of time you can be infectious, and also that you can show no symptoms, means that it could spread fast amongst the company.

While I've enjoyed the shows, if it was possible for them to shut down or run more limited tapings, I still think they should have done that.

• Paid Members

Who do we reckon for the mystery man? All the recent WWE releases are still in the 90 day no compete so it rules them out. Gulak is good to go though so he's a possible but I don't think a ladder match is the best place to debut a mat grappler. Outside of WWE I've heard a few mentions of Brian Cage who I think would be a really good roster addition (plus he might bring along Melissa Santos ?). They need more big guys. Otherwise who else is out there who could slot in?

Also worth mentioning the best part of the recent no audience shows is Justin Roberts has fucked off. Hopefully that annoying twat stays home permanently. The current female announcer is good too.

Edited by LaGoosh

37 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

Who do we reckon for the mystery man? All the recent WWE releases are still in the 90 day no compete so it rules them out. Gulak is good to go though so he's a possible but I don't think a ladder match is the best place to debut a mat grappler. Outside of WWE I've heard a few mentions of Brian Cage who I think would be a really good roster addition (plus he might bring along Melissa Santos ?). They need more big guys. Otherwise who else is out there who could slot in?

Also worth mentioning the best part of the recent no audience shows is Justin Roberts has fucked off. Hopefully that annoying twat stays home permanently. The current female announcer is good too.

Rey Mysterio is apparently nearing the end of his contract without re-signing. I'd like it to be him, if only for the big jump to a different company feel.

I'd go for Cage. He's a monster, and agile as hell too.

Gulak isn't exactly the biggest 'mystery man' name. 

Given the recent roster additions Have all been guys of decent stature, don’t think the need for “bigger guys” is that great. Helps the ones with size stand out more if fewer of them 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, quote the raven said:

Im still annoyed cobb never came back. Loved him in lucha underground. 

Just as I was hoping (completely unreasonably) that the Dark Order would reveal their master to be Mil Muertes, and he'd promptly destroy them, I also worked myself up to the unrealistic hope that they'd forget Cobb and bring him back as Matanza.

4 minutes ago, mrtrickio said:

Ric Flair

He has been signed back to WWE already. Apparently his contract was up in December, but they waited until news was out to sign him back. Shame because in a different universe Flair, Sting and DDP would have been perfect for the TNT Championship judges. One thing AEW really outshines WWE with is knowing how to create a big match feel.
Im really looking forward to their count down show tonight, hopefully it is just an hour of slick video packages and sit down interviews.

• Paid Members

Isn’t it the case that anyone released on a 90-day non-compete can opt out and show up somewhere else, but they forfeit the chance to sit on their arse and play PS4 for three months whilst still getting paid?

I need Rusev on Saturday! Don’t kill my hopes and dreams! Fuck it; I’d almost be tempted to put him back with Aiden English, too. That was an act that should never have been broken up.

I’m almost as excited for the Countdown show tonight as I am for the PPV tomorrow. The Countdown show for Revolution was one of the best things anyone has produced in years. I still chuckle about Jericho saying he once knocked out Randy Couture at the Palms.

Edited by Supremo

21 minutes ago, Supremo said:

I need Rusev on Saturday! Don’t kill my hopes and dreams! Fuck it; I’d almost be tempted to put him back with Aiden English, too. That was an act that should never have been broken up.

Unfortunately I think it will be Zack Ryder as the mystery entrant for the ladder match which will feel like a let down at the time. Although realistically he is well better placed with the other members.

The Revival coming in seems pretty likely to me and bringing in four surprise WWE guys on one show would be overkill. I’d rather they left Rusev to chill for 90 days, announce it online and watch the Internet go into meltdown. Then give him plenty of hype videos, holding off on his debut till the fans are back.

Edited by UK Kat Von D

Its a difficult one because they've already got a lot of talent on their roster and I'd argue some of those haven't had the time to develop. As much as I'd love to see some of the guys mentioned get a shot, I don't want them to keep bringing too many ex WWE guys at the expense of others who need a chance to shine,