AEW: All Out

Accident Prone

• Paid Members

With Jericho vs Page all ready on the card and this being announced today, probably best start a thread for the event, aye?

Lovely stuff. Could @Mator a Mod change the AEW Double Or Nothing title to just AEW Discussion? There's still plenty going on to have a separate thread for general AEW chit-chat.

• Paid Members

Just start a new general chat thread. Or a Fyter Fest thread. Nice to have something to talk about.

Can only really see one winner in the AEW title match. It's too early for Page. Not sure he should be in the match to lose really. Should be bubbling along underneath as the obvious next guy beating no-marks willy nilly. Shame because I'm not into Benoit Jericho much. He looks a right state and although his work is good, it's just not that interesting. Moxley vs. Omega for the title would have been a no-brainer for me.

My thinking is that back in the day Jericho was only made the unified world champion to beat the bookies, so therefore your first AEW champion will be Hangman Page...or, what if they decide to turn the match into a fourway between Jericho, Page, Moxley and Omega?!

1 minute ago, 5pints said:

My thinking is that back in the day Jericho was only made the unified world champion to beat the bookies, so therefore your first AEW champion will be Hangman Page...or, what if they decide to turn the match into a fourway between Jericho, Page, Moxley and Omega?!

Real sports presentation means taking the card seriously and no adding wrestlers to matches to turn them into a four-way.

12 minutes ago, King Pitcos said:

Real sports presentation means taking the card seriously and no adding wrestlers to matches to turn them into a four-way.

Just like at All In?

I know they want to take the Win/loss columns seriously so it makes sense that Jericho could take the loss without it impacting him too much as the already established star.

Edited by 5pints

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, 5pints said:

Eh? Is that an actual thing? I always remember thinking that he was the obvious choice, given that Austin, Rock and Angle were already clearly established as top guys while Jericho needed the big win.

The issue I have with making it a four way is that it shits all over the stipulations from their last show. It doesn't say much for the title if Omega can lose a number one contender's match (clean) and still get a title shot, much less Moxley, who didn't even wrestle on the show.

Be interesting to see what they put on last. Obviously, if they're following up on the "sports" presentation they've been banging on about, Page/Jericho certainly should, but Moxley/Omega is clearly the bigger match. They'll have to be careful that Jericho/Hangman winning the belt isn't played out to a knackered crowd after Mox/Omega.

While I agree Omega/Moxley May be the “bigger match”, if your going to say that win & losses mean something then you need to make your main title belt mean something too, so I reckon Jericho/Page will go on last.

I don’t doubt that All Out won’t be another sellout, so It’s about getting people to buy the PPV, so it will depend on which they decide to build more. There’s no reason why Omega/Moxley couldn’t go on in the middle of the show so long as it is built well and people buy the show

5 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Didn't know Cody was a cricket fan, I like him now.

He doesn't call them boring matches full of rest holds, he calls them a "Boycott Innings". Spot Monkeys are Twenty20 guys.

35 minutes ago, unfitfinlay said:

Eh? Is that an actual thing? I always remember thinking that he was the obvious choice, given that Austin, Rock and Angle were already clearly established as top guys while Jericho needed the big win.

I just remember that was the first show I noticed the bookmakers making a big deal about taking bets. Whether they had done that before or not it always stood out to me and that's why I feel they went with Jericho and not the others.

Omega Ambrose seems really early. It’s maybe the biggest match they have, but neither guy should be losing yet. Like, at all. Unless you’ve maybe got a redemption arc for Kenny where he loses all the time and then comes back. But that’s shit. Unless it’s a fuck finish, you’ve got Ambrose losing his first big match and Kenny, who i assume is the top star,  losing his second in a row. I’m sure they know what they’re doing though. It’s not Vince. 

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

He doesn't call them boring matches full of rest holds, he calls them a "Boycott Innings". Spot Monkeys are Twenty20 guys.

They're going to take a break for lunch after 3 matches, and a break for tea after 6. Wait until their five day concept PPV Test Match Special where every match is a 60 minute iron man match. 

6 hours ago, Yakashi said:

Omega Ambrose seems really early. It’s maybe the biggest match they have, but neither guy should be losing yet. Like, at all. Unless you’ve maybe got a redemption arc for Kenny where he loses all the time and then comes back. But that’s shit. Unless it’s a fuck finish, you’ve got Ambrose losing his first big match and Kenny, who i assume is the top star,  losing his second in a row. I’m sure they know what they’re doing though. It’s not Vince. 

Agree with that. I don't see a way out of it unless shenigans - and that's something they've specifically said they won't do. I suppose when Moxley debuted he had to go after one of the big names, he wasn't gonna jump the barricade and attack Glacier - but in doing that you're gonna make a loser out of him or Omega very early on in the life of the promotion.

Maybe they've got something up their sleeves, but it'll take something pretty creative to get out of this one credibly.