AEW: All Out

Accident Prone

• Paid Members
On 6/15/2019 at 10:11 AM, Yakashi said:

Dave said they could have sold 130000 tickets if they had them. I mean, I don’t really know what to say to that. He is what he is at this point. 

That's what they call "Meltzer's Maths" on twitter. Where you have to have mental gymnastics to make sense of what he's talking about. He said "The Young Bucks have sold more merchandise than the Rock n Roll Express" the other week. As if the gimmick table in the mid-80s that they were ignoring because they wanted to get back and have a shag is a metric that you can fairly judge modern day licensing.

• Paid Members

Yeah, I used to think the most interminable thing about Observer Radio was Dave’s chucklin’ recaps of Being the Elite, but those are nothing compared to his mathematical ramblings about AEW. 

There was a solid ten minutes the other day where he just felt like a man lost in his own mind. Banging on that the cable companies had told him there was very little crossover between those who bought a WWE PPV this year and those who bought Double Or Nothing. To Dave, this somehow meant that AEW had an entirely different audience. He was seemingly oblivious to the far more likely scenario that the only people still paying for WWE pay per views are rural hicks with shit internet, whereas every single person who bought the AEW show is most likely a hardcore fan with a WWE Network subscription.

He did hit upon an insightful point in the end - at a time when WWE shows are actively driving their audience away, the demand for tickets seems to be going up for each successive AEW event, but fuck me if you didn’t have to endure Dave at his absolute worst before he got there.

Edited by Supremo

• Paid Members

Tony Khan was on the Stone Cold podcast and he confirmed the TNT show is live every week for 2 hours. Doesnt say the day yet. Or the name of the show, so hopefully its changed from that "Dynamite" name. Doesnt roll off the tongue at all.

Also said it'd be a travelling show, not a studio or set location. They'll be taking it all over the country.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

That's where we will find out the true ceiling fir the company. If they're doing a proper touring schedule all over the country it will be interesting to see how they do outside if the big cities and when theres more than one show a quarter. 

• Paid Members
11 minutes ago, BrodyGraham said:

He's still a promoter though, at the end of the day. He's not gonna turn round and tell Austin that there were a few too many pile-driver spots. He's got to carny it up at least a little bit.

I don't get the feeling that he's working though. It's like Meltzer. I think he believes it. Unlike someone like Jericho who you can just ignore because he's always working.

23 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

I don't get the feeling that he's working though. It's like Meltzer. I think he believes it. Unlike someone like Jericho who you can just ignore because he's always working.

I know what you mean, he always seems super sincere, but you'd hope, considering how much he's apparently seen, that he knows that's a daft thing to say earnestly. 

54 minutes ago, Supremo said:

Fyter Fest seems to be free in the US, but will cost £15 in the UK. First time it feels like they’ve made a misstep in terms of positioning themselves as a fan-orientated babyface company.

Has this been confirmed by AEW? Can't find it on Fite and the only articles I've seen on it seem to be focused on Meltzer speculating that it might be PPV.

If they are going down the model of having 4/5 big events a year then I don't think anyone would mind paying for them if the company keeps up this momentum.

I'd hoped the likes of Fyter Fest and FFTF were going to be "clash of the champions" type of events, ÂŁ15 for each of them? No thanks.

Edited by The King of Old School

• Paid Members

If you've got a decent VPN, you may still be able to watch for free on Bleacher Report live. That is certainly my first go-to, as this is really bad form on Fite and/or AEW's part.

However, despite the shitty situation, if you do end up ordering on Fite remember to use my referral code when creating your new account ( k6qk6ym ) and you'll get enough free credits to order another show. I say 'another' because Double Or Nothing was unavailable to buy with Fite Credits, but I don't know if Fyter Fest will have the same restrictions.

I want to support AEW, as I believe they can be a massively positive force in the current wrestling landscape, but centering the advertisement around an event being free only to charge non-US viewers is twatish behavior.

Edited by Accident Prone