AEW: All Out

Accident Prone

• Paid Members

I still think making it free in some places but not in others is a bad move that opens them up to complaints, but nine quid is a fair ask. I’ll be paying for it. They hit a home run at Double or Nothing and reignited my passion for this daft sport at a time when WWE have nearly killed it dead. Plus, Joey Janela alone is almost certainly going to give you your nine quid’s worth. It’s terrifying to think what the lad’s going to do in the biggest match of his career.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Supremo said:

I still think making it free in some places but not in others is a bad move that opens them up to complaints, but nine quid is a fair ask. I’ll be paying for it. They hit a home run at Double or Nothing and reignited my passion for this daft sport at a time when WWE have nearly killed it dead. Plus, Joey Janela alone is almost certainly going to give you your nine quid’s worth. It’s terrifying to think what the lad’s going to do in the biggest match of his career.

You mean how 95% of the WWE/F PPV’s were?

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

You mean how 95% of the WWE/F PPV’s were?

I’m not complaining. I’m saying how it can open them up to complaints, rightly or wrongly, which it has done. Regardless of what it’s been like for WWE PPV’s in the past or whatever, they were riding a huge wave of momentum coming off Double or Nothing, positioning themselves perfectly as the babyface, fan-first company. But this mixed messaging and inconsistent regional approach has felt like their first real blip. A minor blip, most likely, but a blip nonetheless.

They’re a global brand ran exclusively through social media at the moment. It’s a million times different to WWE in 1995 or whatever. Everything is new. Nothing has come to just be accepted because it’s always been the way for literally decades. Plus, if you’re going to have different pricing across regions then at least come out and say it as soon as possible. The first confirmation coming from FITE TV’s Twitter patronisingly replying to fans that this is a swell opportunity for them to support a new product was fucking terrible PR, especially from a bunch of guys who’re nailing the PR in every other avenue.

11 minutes ago, Supremo said:

Plus, if you’re going to have different pricing across regions then at least come out and say it as soon as possible.

That would’ve fucked them up before Double or Nothing even happened - if they were making a song and dance about it being less than half the US price in the UK, it would’ve annoyed their American fans, assuming they’re the same sort of dickheads as the British fans who got upset by this Fyter Fest show’s pricing.

Their core fanbase is the most whiny, moon-on-a-stick sort of bellend wrestling fan there is. Discrepancies in AEW’s deals across different territories would wind those kids up something fierce if any emphasis was put on it.

Edited by King Pitcos

• Paid Members

Not make a song and dance about it, but at least announce it. I’m pretty sure that’s what they did with Double or Nothing and I don’t recall American fans kicking off about the price difference between UK and US like we’ve seen here. Although admittedly, that might be because UK fans are far more entitled, having had such a good deal for so long when it comes to pro-wrestling in this country. There definitely seems to be some of that.

Ultimately though, I just think the guys doing all that great inclusive stuff and those super-engaging, press-friendly scrums should’ve known better than to allow the UK fans to think all this,”it’s gonna be free!” chat applied to them, too. And then when push came to shove they should’ve put out something official rather than let people figure it out via scraps of info on Twitter.

They’ve announced it when it was relevant. Any other time wouldn’t have made sense. 

All wrestling fans should know that different regions will be under different deals, that’s how TV works.

What next? Complaining that we have to stay up late to watch live wrestling? 

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, PowerButchi said:

It would be nice if it started about 2:30pm on BBC 1 on weekdays to be fair. Bargain Hunt, One o'clock news, Doctors then Bang - straight into AEW. 

I mean, that sounds good, but what happens with Impossible?