Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

So I've watched it. I hate excessive canned laughter, I don't mind it but this was like The Big Show Show level of canned laughter. It's difficult to judge, when you remake something you are always going to suffer from comparisons. For starters it's nothing like Only Fools and Horses except it has 3 guys named Trotter in it who live in a flat and some guy called Trigger. Grandad is quite a capable, mobile and charismatic person which is the opposite of Grandad we all know. To be fair Christopher Lloyd plays it quite well. Donnie is different to Rodney, he's probably a bit more likeable and not a smarmy ponce who thinks he's better than he is. The only similarity is that like early Rodney he has hopes that are battered by Del. Again he's okay. But I didn't find Del or Trigger likeable, Trigger was annoying as hell as some wannabe gangster. 

 

 

As @Chest Rockwell says, it isn't horrible and definitely worse things have gotten a series commissioned, but that doesn't mean this is good, the writing was poor and is pretty much saved by some solid acting to be honest. Maybe better writing levels, as I'm sure lots of unaired pilots are written fairly quickly and by much smaller teams which may have hindered it. I may have enjoyed this more had it not used the names Trotter and Trigger. And yes I watched the whole thing. 

Posted
3 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

2 broke girls is definitely what I had in mind when thinking about worse shows that have made it to air. 

In one scene, Max said to a white guy with dreads, “Hey, Battlefield Earth”. I can excuse six series for that one line. 

  • Paid Members
Posted

If anything, I think I'm a bit surprised that, of all the British series that get a US remake, this wasn't done sooner - it chimes with all the American sensibilities and narrative of someone hustling to get ahead and go from rags to riches.

  • 1 month later...
Posted

I would absolutely love to see that US remake of The Young Ones called 'Oh No, Not Them' which sounds exactly like the name you'd give that sitcom The Young Ones parodied with the vicar and the pants falling down.

  • 2 weeks later...
Posted
4 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

Apologies for the non football fans, but I cannot imagine how unbelievably shit this would be.

What's he going to talk about, transfers live on stage?

spacer.png

Here we go nonce.

VIP Meet and Greet for Fabrizio Romano? 

Posted
On 10/23/2023 at 6:43 PM, CAREBEAR LUVVA said:

I know he's a big lad but it's a bit rude of them to call him "seat filler".

spacer.png

In my home town. This makes me very sad for the people of Huddersfield. Is this what they have become now?! 

Posted

Nah I wouldn't worry about it. That flyer is from a company that pretty much gives free tickets away for events that haven't sold well. The good people of Huddersfield clearly knew it would be shit and chose to stay away, hence the offer of tickets "for admin fee only" (usually a fiver).

  • Paid Members
Posted
On 10/23/2023 at 6:43 PM, CAREBEAR LUVVA said:

I know he's a big lad but it's a bit rude of them to call him "seat filler".

Absolutely. Big Eams is in a bad place.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...