DavidB6937 Posted September 15, 2023 Posted September 15, 2023 And that cunt from Mrs Brown's Boys as Bulldog. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted September 15, 2023 Members Posted September 15, 2023 1 minute ago, DavidB6937 said: And that cunt from Mrs Brown's Boys as Bulldog. You'll have to narrow this down. Quote
Paid Members TheBurningRed Posted September 15, 2023 Paid Members Posted September 15, 2023 1 hour ago, TheScarlettChad said: The Yanks don't know Only Fools and Horses. So they won't know or care who Lyndhurst is. Bet they’re massive fans of Goodnight Sweetheart and Butterflies though. Quote
lars85 Posted September 15, 2023 Posted September 15, 2023 No Niles. No thanks. I'll give it a chance, but I'm not holding my breath. Like someone else said, it just looks like they've put Frasier in a generic sitcom. All the best parts of the original were the bickering and competition between him and Niles. And the differences between them and Martin, and how despite all of that, they genuinely cared for each other. This feels like it won't have the heart of the original. I'll happily be proved wrong though. Quote
Paid Members chokeout Posted September 15, 2023 Paid Members Posted September 15, 2023 13 hours ago, BomberPat said: You can see Lyndhurst mentally cashing his cheques behind the eyes, too. Probably just trying not to draw too much attention to himself in case people realise he shouldn't be there. Quote
Moderators Chest Rockwell Posted September 16, 2023 Moderators Posted September 16, 2023 10 hours ago, lars85 said: No Niles. No thanks. I'll give it a chance, but I'm not holding my breath. Like someone else said, it just looks like they've put Frasier in a generic sitcom. All the best parts of the original were the bickering and competition between him and Niles. And the differences between them and Martin, and how despite all of that, they genuinely cared for each other. This feels like it won't have the heart of the original. I'll happily be proved wrong though. Missing Niles will obviously be a big blow, and I'm struggling to see Lyndhurst filling those shoes. But they're clearly setting up the relationship between him and Freddie to mirror that relationship with Marty. Also I thought the joke about him smelling nice landed pretty well tbh. I really hope the comedy writing isn't garbage, as I feel like the situation they've come up with has legs. Quote
Paid Members Jazzy G Posted September 16, 2023 Paid Members Posted September 16, 2023 (edited) 21 hours ago, TheScarlettChad said: The Yanks don't know Only Fools and Horses. So they won't know or care who Lyndhurst is. Somebody somewhere did. https://youtu.be/_mon21-QnXs?si=z5kRAJYZppF3ljy1 Edited September 16, 2023 by jazzygeofferz Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted September 19, 2023 Members Posted September 19, 2023 This could go in a million threads, but they actually tried to remake Only Fools in the States. It was going to have Christopher Lloyd as Grandad, and that's the only positive. I want to watch the whole thing now. Unspeakably shit. Quote
Paid Members BomberPat Posted September 19, 2023 Paid Members Posted September 19, 2023 "Trigger warning" is a far better gag than anything in that clip. Quote
westlondonmist Posted September 19, 2023 Posted September 19, 2023 I'm going to watch this later out of pure curiosity Quote
Moderators Chest Rockwell Posted September 19, 2023 Moderators Posted September 19, 2023 It's not that bad tbh. I say this speaking as someone who has never watched a full episode of the original, so with no bias and also no basis of comparison. The acting is decent, the writing is not great, but I've seen much worse in other US sitcoms that have actually made it to air. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted September 19, 2023 Members Posted September 19, 2023 35 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said: It's not that bad tbh. I say this speaking as someone who has never watched a full episode of the original, so with no bias and also no basis of comparison. The acting is decent, the writing is not great, but I've seen much worse in other US sitcoms that have actually made it to air. You've watched the whole episode? Fair play you dipstick. Quote
Moderators Chest Rockwell Posted September 19, 2023 Moderators Posted September 19, 2023 No, not the whole thing. I watched a bit to get a feel for it. I think I watched enough to be able to accurately state what I did though. Quote
Keith Houchen Posted September 19, 2023 Posted September 19, 2023 3 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said: No, not the whole thing. I watched a bit to get a feel for it. I think I watched enough to be able to accurately state what I did though. It’s no 2 Broke Girls or Superstore, that’s for sure! Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.