Things that you know will be shit

Gus Mears

Mortimer & Whitehouse Gone Christmas Fishing will do for me. 

I saw a clip of the new Vicar of Dibley shorts on some show Dawn French was on to plug it and it was awful. Then again, so was the original tv show. I think there’s only two or three of the original cast still alive. 

I was surprised that the BBC were doing a Motherland special after all the Linehan stuff, but since looking it up it seems he left the writing team after the first series anyway. I wonder if that was his choice or if the BBC got rid of him as his wife is still co-writing the show. 

• Paid Members

4 hours ago, scratchdj said:

Does anyone know if the BBC offer a premium license subscription that costs a bit more but doesn’t show Mrs Brown’s Boys?

I am honestly fucking dreading Christmas night, Flash. Really am.

Every Christmas I get asked - by her whole fucking family - "How can you not like Mrs Brown's Boys (x4)? It's brilliant! He's hilarious!" Every single bastard year.
I get so angry that I want to say something absolutely disgraceful and horrendous in return to cause an atmosphere and hush the room, but I'd let meself - and herself, and the bin lids - down, so I just usually say "Ah sure, yiz know yizzerselves, like..."
I don't have an answer for why I hate it so much, that doesn't involve childishly insulting people who actually do like the show, and it's an endurance test for me. Every year. 
I have to sit there in a room of approx. 12 people, surrounded by an unnatural smell of random brands and types of alcohol, brussel sprouts, USA biscuits and cunts disguising stenches from their shitepipes through the smell of meat, stuffing and egg mayo, with that poxy show on and everyone guffawing and chortling around me while jibbering utter shite out of them like "Ah, he's gas, isn't he? How did he think of doing that?"
Every year I lose more respect for everyone around me, and myself too, as a result of that show, on Christmas night.

• 2 months later...