AEW Double or Nothing

Mat

17 minutes ago, MPDTT said:

I actually really believe this will be be good for WWE long term. AEW eating into WWEs ratings will act as the catalyst that will bring about Vince's long overdue retirement and giving control to Hunter. Then, if NXT is anything to go by.....Then we are all in for a treat.

Nope.

Great show mind, I thought it was pretty good from top to bottom. Maybe a 7 or 8 out of 10, which is all you can ask for really.

Just finished watching it, enjoyed it for the most part, Excalibur was the better of the three commentators though JR did show some of his old fire during the Cody/Dustin match and Moxley’s run in at the end. 

Jericho/Omega fell just short for me from their New Japan match, hoping Page goes over Faxl in their title match though as the latter doesn’t really need it

Lot of faces on the show were new to me but the ones who stood out were MJF, Pillman Jr and Jungle Boy. Nice to see both Havoc and Sabian get a bit of a rub on the show too

Is the show with Omega/CIMA, Bucks/Rhodes Brothers and Brandi/Allie being shown anywhere? Be interested in that before All Out comes around 

1 minute ago, theironshake said:

Is Dustin the 2019 version of the 95/97 Terry Funk or What? What a match

It was absolutely incredible. Everyone in the arena was standing and screaming for the last 5 minutes or so. Best match I've ever seen live. I think Cody is the most underrated wrestler going today - but I didn't expect him to be able to drag a 5 star match out of Dustin post double knee surgery. Plus remember, that's Cody's first match since his own surgery shortly after that stinker in the Tokyo dome.

• Paid Members

Dustin Rhodes is class. I haven’t even seen this match from last night yet but when I started watching wrestling in 1992 he was having brilliant matches in WCW. Now we’re in 2019 and he’s got people raving about his latest match. When going through the WCW shows in 1992 recently, one thing that really stuck out to me was how great Dustin actually was/is. Back then he was 22/23 years old and often the most inexperienced man in the ring alongside Windham, Steamboat, Rude, Anderson, Eaton, whoever. Yet he never looked out of place and could hang with all of them. Whoever named him ‘The Natural’ back then was bang on the money. 

35 minutes ago, Max Power said:

Nope.

Great show mind, I thought it was pretty good from top to bottom. Maybe a 7 or 8 out of 10, which is all you can ask for really.

You say that, but there absolutely will be people that will stop watching wwe and start watching AEW. I will watch it and I stopped watching wwe because it’s the shits. I’m not saying it will be loads, but when you’re almost constantly posting record low numbers because you’re show is so fucking shite that people don’t want to watch it anymore, every little thing can count. Especially when they get on fox. 

1 minute ago, PunkStep said:

Cody drag a five star match out of Dustin?? You have that very much the wrong way around there pal.

Admitedly I was being a little provocative there. Let me try again....Dustin being able to deliver like that in 2019 is incredible, but Cody is the most underrated guy out there today. He has developed so much in ROH and NJPW. Takes 2 to tango.

Just now, MPDTT said:

Admitedly I was being a little provocative there. Let me try again....Dustin being able to deliver like that in 2019 is incredible, but Cody is the most underrated guy out there today. He has developed so much in ROH and NJPW. Takes 2 to tango.

How are those 2 flights you were on your way to the airport for coming along?

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, MPDTT said:

Cody is the most underrated guy

I'd say he's one of the most over rated. He's good but no where near worthy of the fellating he gets from some quarters. 

• Paid Members

They need to get consistent with the direction, though. There's things that are like a massive smack in the face when you're trying to invest in the promotion. They need to stop the BTE bollocks. Its a major disconnect from the direction that people will pay money to see. The goofy shit with Cody, the Bucks and Omega was so removed from the matches they were in, it was amazing they set the show off with that tone. They were in really serious, really important matches. They shouldnt be out there doing comedy.

Which is crazy, because they've set up Hangman Page vs MJF, the Bucks vs The Rhodes' and Jericho vs Moxley for the next big show. They've given you 3 matches you want to see before the end of the show, which is such an old school way of doing things they should be commended for it. The production needs a major upgrade, but they will get it. ROH, MLW, TNA and WWE have loads of people who they can poach. You can just up their money and down their work load to get some good wrestling guys on board.

Excalibur was great. JR actually added a lot in the matches he gave a fuck about. You can see he couldnt give a toss about the opener or the womens match, but the top 3 matches he was well into. Which is why the role of the 3rd man is so immortant for that booth. You needed someone who can fake enthusiasm in the matches where JR fancies a kip. Jim Cornette would have been perfect, but there's no way they'd hire him. Don Callis would have been good, too. Hopefully that Marvez bloke pisses off, because he had absolutely nothing about him.

What's amazing is, everything in that pre-show looked low rent. You'd never pay to watch something with that pre-show. The battle royal was awful, loads of shit comedy and guys with no bodies. That Sammy Guevara is horrendous. Just a crap look.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

1 minute ago, TildeGuy~! said:

How are those 2 flights you were on your way to the airport for coming along?

Currently in LAX. Next flight isnt for 4 hours. I can't get into any airport lounge, so I'm sat in Planet Hollywood in LAX reading twitter and writing on UKFF

2 minutes ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

They need to get consistent with the direction, though. There's things that are like a massive smack in the face when you're trying to invest in the promotion. They need to stop the BTE bollocks. Its a major disconnect from the direction that people will pay money to see. The goofy shit with Cody, the Bucks and Omega was so removed from the matches they were in, it was amazing they set the show off with that tone. They were in really serious, really important matches. They shouldnt be out there doing comedy.

Which is crazy, because they've set up Hangman Page vs MJF, the Bucks vs The Rhodes' and Jericho vs Moxley for the next big show. They've given you 3 matches you want to see before the end of the show, which is such an old school way of doing things they should be commended for it. The production needs a major upgrade, but they will get it. ROH, MLW, TNA and WWE have loads of people who they can poach. You can just up their money and down their work load to get some good wrestling guys on board.

Excalibur was great. JR actually added a lot in the matches he gave a fuck about. You can see he couldnt give a toss about the opener or the womens match, but the top 3 matches he was well into. Which is why the role of the 3rd man is so immortant for that booth. You needed someone who can fake enthusiasm in the matches where JR fancies a kip. Jim Cornette would have been perfect, but there's no way they'd hire him. Don Callis would have been good, too. Hopefully that Marvez bloke pisses off, because he had absolutely nothing about him.

Nooooooooooo!