Cartoons

Bellenda Carlisle

• Paid Members
14 hours ago, LCJ said:

The history of DiC Entertainment on YouTube is interesting too. Goes into a lot of detail.

I may have to check that out. 

22 hours ago, LCJ said:

I completely agree. Welker has had such a long career as well. Welker was playing Fred from Scooby Doo back in the 60s and he's still doing cartoon, videogame and film voicework today. Total voice actor legend.

One of my animated heroes is Frank, just seeing the pic of him and Peter Cullen outside the Convention Centre ahead of this weekend has got me ridiculously excited to hear their panel, would have loved to get autographs from both but they were a bit out my price range

23 hours ago, RIDDUM_N_STYLE said:

One of my animated heroes is Frank, just seeing the pic of him and Peter Cullen outside the Convention Centre ahead of this weekend has got me ridiculously excited to hear their panel, would have loved to get autographs from both but they were a bit out my price range

Know what you mean. ÂŁ50 for a photo and ÂŁ50 for an autograph is a bit steep.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Fantastic news coming out today that Genndy Tartakovsky's animated Popeye movie that got cancelled 5 years ago is back on. I was always gutted it got cancelled, it seemed like a perfect fit.

Apparently he's going back to the drawing board with it but I still feel I have to post the original animation test when I bring it up.

Hope Tintin 2 is next.

• 2 months later...
  • Paid Members

I watched 4 seasons of Bojack Horseman over the last few days. It's quite introspective so it was a bit bleak watching that much of it after spending months alone but I guess l got something from it and it was pretty funny and clever too. It wasn't perfect and sometimes it was a bit boring or silly or tried a bit hard. The animal character designs were brilliant throughout.

Fancied something a bit more light hearted so I watched a load of Big Mouth which I think is great. Kids' sexuality is a touchy thing to do a comedy about but it's done so well and it reminds me of being a disgusting 12 year old.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Bellenda Carlisle said:

I watched 4 seasons of Bojack Horseman over the last few days. It's quite introspective so it was a bit bleak watching that much of it after spending months alone but I guess l got something from it and it was pretty funny and clever too. It wasn't perfect and sometimes it was a bit boring or silly or tried a bit hard. The animal character designs were brilliant throughout.

Fancied something a bit more light hearted so I watched a load of Big Mouth which I think is great. Kids' sexuality is a touchy thing to do a comedy about but it's done so well and it reminds me of being a disgusting 12 year old.

I've had a few people recommend Big Mouth now; I think I am going to have to give it a second chance. I didn't even get through one episode so I really didn't give it a fair shake the first time.

• Moderators

Ditto - I waa attracted by the cast but it just didn't did it for me. I felt line it might be one of those very American things that just didn't work for me despite being packed with people I like, like hot wet summer camp out whatever it was called*.

* I feel like I have to clarify here that I have never and will never like Bradley Cooper because I think he was in that.

• Paid Members

For me Big Mouth falls into the same pile as most recent adult cartoons in just being loud, annoying and gross. The animation for a lot of these shows is also quite bad and off putting. Good character design, direction and artistic style is key to a cartoon working and a lot of the stuff being pumped out on streaming services just looks cheap and terrible. 

Look at this shit. Absolutely painful to the eyes:

preview.jpg

Edited by LaGoosh

Watched quite a bit of Boy Girl Dog Cat Mouse Cheese over the last couple of weeks, ending most school days with an episode that the kids then try and draw from, and it's a very decent cartoon.

I could happily sit and watch it without them, which is the only validation I need that it's enjoyable. Cheese is especially good.