Cartoons

Bellenda Carlisle

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Wasn't sure to drop this here or the lost TV thread but can anyone find a rip of the UK VHS Space Cruiser - Guardian of the Galaxy online for me? or even does anyone but me remember it?

A little background. Space Cruiser was a UK VHS I had as a kid. The film started life as a big Anime series called Battleship Yamato from the 70s. Space Cruiser was an edited down version of Yamato into one semi coherent film dubbed in English. Three years later Battleship Yamato would be dubbed again as the Star Blazers series and become a huge hit in the US. The trouble with that is nobody seems interested in Space Cruiser.

spacecruiser.jpg

Edited by DEF

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, Porkchopcash said:

Two classics, full of stars. This was like 80s wrestling charachter wise.

You missed one. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Anyone watch Tigtone? I'm 5 episodes in and I think I like it but still not 100% sure. The animation is really weird but the art style is amazing (as shown below), some of it looks really beautiful which is funny because the stories are fucking stupid and nuts and only last 10 minutes.

tigtone-images-8.jpeg.jpg

• 1 month later...

Netflix have got a Lupin the 3rd feature length cartoon from 1979 called “the Castle of Cagliostro”. Was quite surprised to see it on there as Lupin the 3rd isn’t very well known in the UK (or the US for that matter). The animation still looks good today. Definitely not a kid’s cartoon though.

Also on Netflix is a new episode of Rocko’s Modern Life. Rocko returns home after spending the last twenty years in outer space. Rocko struggles to adjust to the fact that it’s not the nineties anymore and there are plenty of digs at modern culture such as coffee shops everywhere and new smartphones always being released. I found the whole thing very entertaining and haven’t laughed so hard in a long time. Well worth the watch.

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, LCJ said:

Netflix have got a Lupin the 3rd feature length cartoon from 1979 called “the Castle of Cagliostro”. Was quite surprised to see it on there as Lupin the 3rd isn’t very well known in the UK (or the US for that matter). The animation still looks good today. Definitely not a kid’s cartoon though.

Also on Netflix is a new episode of Rocko’s Modern Life. Rocko returns home after spending the last twenty years in outer space. Rocko struggles to adjust to the fact that it’s not the nineties anymore and there are plenty of digs at modern culture such as coffee shops everywhere and new smartphones always being released. I found the whole thing very entertaining and haven’t laughed so hard in a long time. Well worth the watch.

Thanks for that. Will check Rocko out later. Re Castle of Cagliostro I've not seen it since the manga entertainment UK vhs days. It's about time I checked that out again.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

I'm stupid excited by the news that Kevin Smith and Netflix are bringing back classic continuity Masters Of The Universe. It's being done by the same studio that did the Castlevania Series. I love that art style. Here's the announcement from Power-Con...

Here's this week's Fatman Beyond where they spend a good portion of the start of the show discussing their involvement in MOTU and what to expect etc..

FB_IMG_1566727269468.jpg

• Paid Members

I honestly don't understand how an adult could be into Masters of the Universe. It's complete pap. Stuff like Thundercats and even Transformers to an extent have a bit about them that you can see why, combined with nostalgia, an older person can might enjoy it. But aside from Skelator, it's got nothing. I remember as teenagers the morning after a house party someone put on a video of all old cartoons like that and everyone enjoyed it in our hungover state, but 5 minutes into the He-Man one we switched off.