Cartoons

Bellenda Carlisle

• Paid Members

Someone is suing Marvel saying the legendary theme song from 90s X-Men cartoon was stolen from a theme tune from an old Hungarian TV show he owns the rights to. 

It certainly sounds similar but even if he did borrow from it I should imagine it's not enough to hold up in court. Also he's representing himself in court and his demands are pretty nuts so it probably won't end well for him. 

http://www.darkhorizons.com/man-sues-over-the-x-men-cartoon-theme/

There’s a similarity for sure. But there’s been a few cases like this over the last few years and at most it results in getting added to the writing credits. If this guy is just claiming to own some sort of rights through being transferred to him and not an actually writing it himself, then it’s hard to see what he’ll actually get out of it.

Marvel/Disney can easily go the WWE route and keep it in court until the guy can no longer afford the legal expenses

• Paid Members

Just watching the titles reminds me how amazing that X-Men cartoon is. 

I fair want to watch that Linda show as well. That looks quite exciting. 

• Paid Members
15 hours ago, Bellenda Carlisle said:

Someone is suing Marvel saying the legendary theme song from 90s X-Men cartoon was stolen from a theme tune from an old Hungarian TV show he owns the rights to. 

Hate to break it to you & him, but the X-Men theme song was blatantly stolen from a Whitney Houston song;

Edited by Accident Prone

• 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

I'd been trying to find this for a while. Couldn't remember the name.

It's the animation style that hooked me initially. As well as the subject matter being cars and robots. I can't remember much about the stories so will look forward to reaquaunting myself with it.

The episodes can be found here.

Edited by BigJag
Spelling

• 2 months later...
  • Paid Members
On 5/16/2019 at 1:39 PM, Bellenda Carlisle said:

Dunno if we ever had a general thread for cartoons and animation but I couldn't fine one and cartoons are great. 

Mainly just wanted somewhere to post this though, Genndy Tartakovsky is doing a new prehistoric cartoon series called Primal and it looks cool, I thought it would be for kids but it seems pretty dark and violent, reminds me a bit of the old Ralph Bakshi stuff. I'm still gutted we never got his Popeye.

Just caught the first episode of this. Definitely a high quality piece worthy of Genndy Tartakovsky's name. Lots of blood and a story that you can appreciate. The action sequences are very well done. Made me put my phone down and pay full attention a number of times. There's no speech. However there is plenty of appropriate and atmospheric sound. 

I found it on Kodi. Definitely worth tracking down.

2 hours ago, BigJag said:

Just caught the first episode of this. Definitely a high quality piece worthy of Genndy Tartakovsky's name. Lots of blood and a story that you can appreciate. The action sequences are very well done. Made me put my phone down and pay full attention a number of times. There's no speech. However there is plenty of appropriate and atmospheric sound. 

I found it on Kodi. Definitely worth tracking down.

It gets better and better. I don't want to say much more, but it goes to some places I didn't expect or was ready for.

Top drawer stuff.