Cartoons

Bellenda Carlisle

• 1 month later...

Speaking of Transformers, voice actors Peter Cullen and Frank Welker are going to be appearing at Liverpool Comic Con next weekend. There’s going to be a Transformers Q&A on the Saturday morning too. I think entry tickets are sold out but you can probably still get them from resale sites (which is fine as long as you’re not being fleeced).

On 2/28/2020 at 10:45 PM, LCJ said:

Speaking of Transformers, voice actors Peter Cullen and Frank Welker are going to be appearing at Liverpool Comic Con next weekend. There’s going to be a Transformers Q&A on the Saturday morning too. I think entry tickets are sold out but you can probably still get them from resale sites (which is fine as long as you’re not being fleeced).

It was meant to be the Saturday, with them doing individual ones on the Sunday but due to a guest reshuffle, they've changed to just the TF panel on the Sunday afternoon

10 hours ago, RIDDUM_N_STYLE said:

It was meant to be the Saturday, with them doing individual ones on the Sunday but due to a guest reshuffle, they've changed to just the TF panel on the Sunday afternoon

Well that sucks considering I bought an early bird Saturday ticket specifically to watch the TF panel. Not impressed.

10 hours ago, ReturnOfTheMack said:

Just finished a retro night with some mates and our partners. Finished by watching 4 episodes of Thundercats. The ladies were less than impressed. Weirdly.

Depends what eps you watched, I guess. For all the quality stories they had, there was some proper guff. The first three episodes setting up the world, and the Thundercats Ho run which introduced Pumyra, Bengali and Lynxo, were absolute quality.

1 hour ago, LCJ said:

Well that sucks considering I bought an early bird Saturday ticket specifically to watch the TF panel. Not impressed.

The change has been in effect for at least 3-4 weeks, they’ve regularly updated changes on their website and social media

They brought in Ryan Hurst as an extra guest due to a couple of pull outs which caused the change

4 hours ago, RIDDUM_N_STYLE said:

The change has been in effect for at least 3-4 weeks, they’ve regularly updated changes on their website and social media

They brought in Ryan Hurst as an extra guest due to a couple of pull outs which caused the change

I realise they announce the changes regularly but it’s disappointing if you planned your weekend by going with what was the original announcement. I only have Saturday tickets for guest photos so I’m only going then. The TF Panel will probably find its way to YouTube anyway.

On 2/28/2020 at 10:45 PM, LCJ said:

Frank Welker is one of those guys who could probably do a whole comicon day panel with his catalogue. Amazing how many iconic characters he has done and I've always loved the "if an animal makes a noise in a film, it's probably really Welker" fact that I first heard on a Futurama commentary and was shocked to find his filmography confirmed just how many of his roles were that sort of thing when he has got so many iconic characters to his name as featured roles.

1 hour ago, lanky316 said:

Frank Welker is one of those guys who could probably do a whole comicon day panel with his catalogue. Amazing how many iconic characters he has done and I've always loved the "if an animal makes a noise in a film, it's probably really Welker" fact that I first heard on a Futurama commentary and was shocked to find his filmography confirmed just how many of his roles were that sort of thing when he has got so many iconic characters to his name as featured roles.

I completely agree. Welker has had such a long career as well. Welker was playing Fred from Scooby Doo back in the 60s and he's still doing cartoon, videogame and film voicework today. Total voice actor legend.

Edited by LCJ
More detail.

• Paid Members

I've been watching a channel on YouTube by a guy called Dave Lee where he does documentary pieces about the history and evolution of various Disney/Warner/Hanna Barbera cartoon characters. They're well researched and informative if you're into that kind of thing.